Tent Success WSR

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RCRNR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Tent Success WSR

Post by RCRNR »

I am going to set-up a tent location at a local mall on 9-1-2018. I am 100 percent sure this is the best location in my area. Any advice on anything that helped you out during the starting process would be very helpful. I have no problem with the repair side I would put my repair quality at the top. I worked for a different company at same exact location and did approx. 3000 chip repairs in 2 years. They are no longer in business so I thought I could capitalize on the fact that they were at this location for 10-15 years. I am in the process of web design thru HIBU. What are realistic sales goals and the best way to draw in new customers?
CGExpressTX

Re: Tent Success WSR

Post by CGExpressTX »

How did you get permission to set up there?
Jason Chan
Owner Car Glass Express
Denton Texas 76209
(940) 765-6168
Frisco Texas
(972) 275-9833
Toll Free
(877) 699-7788
http://www.CarGlassExpress.com
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

Just talk to whoever owns or manages the location ask about a lease also when negotiating price be sure to let them know weather can effect how many days you can be open. And that being in the parking lot is added security for them. It may help in lowering the rent some. Here rent really varies depending on the location.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

I like the "added security" angle. I hadn't thought of that.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
RebelTitan74

Post by RebelTitan74 »

RCRNR how did you do with sales at the location? I have been wanting to get a tent location set up and just needing to hear how successful it has been for other WSR techs.
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

I really don't like saying dollar amounts I make but this business is going terrific I love every day, every customer and learning something new every day. I highly suggest the Free Rock Chip Repair approach I do approx. 80 percent Insurance Claims 20 percent cash and credit cards. A free repair is of huge benefit to the customer and I don't understand how one can succeed with out it. Dealing with Insurance billing is somewhat time consuming but I am 11 days into month three and have had well over 300 claims processed. I love the feeling of literally getting paychecks in the mail every day the post office delivers. I have quickly learned to stand my ground in billing Insurance Companies so far problems are few and far between one hard one only. To me it is principle if I did the work they will pay on one I had to put in 20 extra hours on the phone to get payment which was mailed 3 days ago. If they want to spend 20 or even 40 hours going over it of phone labor I am more than willing to as well. After I let them know they have 20 hours logged in on a 81.53 claim the check got mailed. Being the businesses I owned in the past required collection skills as well as skip tracing I am well versed on collection laws and my rights to collect a debt owed to me. Dont ever let anyone who owes you roll over you , one has more rights to collect a debt than most understand especially when it is your debt not owned by a third party. I guess some here are squeamish about insurance companies I guess since my background I dealt with some hard cases makes this seem basic to me at least. Again just my 2 cents worth.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Glad you are doing well there, but you can easily make a good living without billing insurers, I have done so for most of the last 30 years. Just adifferent customers base is all it requires, tent work was not for me.
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

I just feel that the Insurance part of it is of great benefit to my customers they must also being 80 percent of them opt to use it. Most of my cash and credit card sales come from Out of Country customers State Farm Customers and people who don't have full coverage. But I always give the customer the option to pay cash but I do charge more than Insurance pays, especially hsg gerber ones. I see some out there charging customers 35 cash I don't understand what you tell the customer when they use insurance and you get 50-80 dollars seems odd to me. I feel what we do when done correct is worth a minimum of 60 dollars for cracks I charge way more but only do them when the customer begs me to do it . In the future when I do more crack repairs I am sure I will get more cash sales then. I was recently told there actually a way to do cracks and get the insurance to pay the chip portion of it,and the customer what is costing more, He said he will teach me how it works I guess you must get transferred to a different part of the TPAs.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I only do work for fleet and dealers, which is why I do not bill insurers. I like turning up doing 4 or 5 jobs and then getting off again as quick as possible, great thing about our trade is the different ways to earn a great living out of it.
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

I have had several fleets approach me one offered me his heated garage to do in evenings when I close the tent down I may add some fleet work as well