Starting over

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
raytau
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Starting over

Post by raytau »

Hello Everyone,
I am ready to retire and would like to get back into WSR. I purchased a kit from Glasweld in 1986 and made a few repairs here and there. I did OK with it but only did cash sales as I was not set up with the insurance companies. My kit was ruined in the Katrina flood back in 2005 so I will need to purchase another one. I like the delta set up and am pretty sure I will go with them. I would like to get with someone in the Slidell / New Orleans area to ask questions and get help on billing insurance companies. I'm not looking to get customers from anyone, just some information. I am just looking to supplement my retirement. The business has changed a lot since I was doing it years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Starting over

Post by screenman »

I would like to point out that the insured market if like the one over here is only part of the availabe repair market, fleets and garages take less time and earn more bucks per hour.

I wish you all the best and say going with Delta will be a very good choice. My Delta tools are already booked to do at least 7 jobs today and may well do more.
raytau

Post by raytau »

Thanks screenman,
I very much appreciate your help.
KCBen

Post by KCBen »

I am just starting out in the Austin area a WSR tech has decided to hire me on, allow me to learn the trade from him, he has three locations including the one his at. I don't have the benefit of going all the way to Oregon,(not yet maybe next year make a vacation out of it) has anyone else started out working for some one else first. Or is it just a bad idea. I must admit I am having a little bit of a problem telling if my star break legs are getting filled the way they should be. I cant seem to make a break without it having cracks going out from it. I am looking forward to having a second pair of eyes looking at my work. Oh and when I do get my 10 posts I will be uploading pictures and getting bashed or praised or maybe just some simple help.

Thanks