Just starting out

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
njbeasst
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Just starting out

Post by njbeasst »

I have been looking into the different tool kits that DK offers. I was wondering what advice you could offer as to what kit to start with?
kennycrane

Re: Just starting out

Post by kennycrane »

I guess that it depends on how much work that you want to do. Me personally when I got started I went ahead and got the Delta kit that had 2 bridges and all of the extras that come along with it. I want to be able to work on 2-3 cars at a time if need be, and that will happen if you are committed to doing quality work. If you are planning on creating a business I recommend getting the best kit that they offer, it comes with everything that you need except practice, and I recommend a bunch of that as well as the training course that Delta offers. I cant say enough about that. If you are just planning on doing a few repairs here and there go with the smaller less expensive one, either one you will not go wrong with Delta.
Chipsbgone

Re: Just starting out

Post by Chipsbgone »

I have to say I started with a different company’s equipment working on big truck windshields for a company that I actually work for. I contracted to them to do the windshield repair after normal hours. It didn’t take long for me to realize that I needed to upgrade my equipment because the equipment I was using was very cheap so I went with Delta kits with no regrets. I also flew out for the hands-on training. You can’t get better trainers or better training anywhere in my opinion.