Has anyone heard of the the fiber fix repair tool?

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
Mattimeo
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Has anyone heard of the the fiber fix repair tool?

Post by Mattimeo »

Theres this tool called Fiberfix that allows users to fix their own cracks and chips, have any of you tried it? I'm thinking of buying it.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Has anyone heard of the the fiber fix repair tool?

Post by Brent Deines »

Although it was sold under a different name, me and several other forum members tried something that appears to be the same thing a year or two or three ago. Time flys when you are having fun!

It didn't work for filling anything except surface chips, and even for that it provided unsatisfactory results. Among other things it builds up but does not scrape flat like windshield repair resins. It does not need to have the air removed to cure, which at first seems like a good thing, but that means that if you try to use it to repair a drinking glass for instance, you have a build up on both sides that is difficult to remove.

At first I thought it was great for reparing plastics but after a short time the bond failed, and I had pretty much the same results on everything else I tried it on. Basically, in my opinion it is nothing more than a UV cure super glue, which is more expensive and cumbersome to use than a traditional super glue.

I really wasn't surprised that it didn't work for glass repair but I had high hopes for using it on plastics and other substances. I still have some out in my junk box with dozens of other "miracle products" I have tried over the years but I doubt if I will ever use it again.

If I think of the name or remember to look for it when I am in the shop I'll post a link to the thread where we discussed the similar product.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Mattimeo

Post by Mattimeo »

Thanks for the response. From that description its probably another gimmick item thats all flash and no substance. Sort of like those infomercials that you see on TV.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

The name of the product I tested was Bondic. Here is a link to the thread where we discussed that product.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8745&p=58659&hilit=bondic#p58659
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Mattimeo

Re: Favorite Windshield Replacement Tool?

Post by Mattimeo »

I recently did a post on this tool that can fill in small cracks. It is more like a do it yourself auto glass repair tool. http://www.windautoglass.com/blog/fiberfix-repair-tool/