Selling ur Windshield/Windscreen Buisness

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
the big welshman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Selling ur Windshield/Windscreen Buisness

Post by the big welshman »

Sirs I am wondering if anybody has had any luck in selling Windshield/Windscreen Buisness :?: :?:
screenman

Re: Selling ur Windshield/Windscreen Buisness

Post by screenman »

Only as a franchise owner.
Brent Deines

Re: Selling ur Windshield/Windscreen Buisness

Post by Brent Deines »

It can be done!

I sold one of my repair businesses but I also installed glass and leased brick and mortar location. The sale included my tools, a service vehicle, office equipment, and some good will (established customers and reputation). A friend of mine built mobile routes in several locations and sold them once he could show they provided consistent cash flow.

In my case the new owners basically paid for one year of my gross sales and 40 hours per week of my time for 4 weeks.

In my friend's case he sold good will and training. He introduced the new owners to all of his customers and ran the routes with them until they were comfortable with the process. Then when they got too busy he would do the extra work for them for a percentage of the gross income on the repairs he completed. That was a pretty good gig as his primary skill set was sales so he didn't have any trouble building a new route in a different area, and sales was the weakest area for those who purchased his his established routes.

The problem is that most small business owners over value their businesses and most small business buyers under estimate the value of a good customer base. Keeping customers is far less expensive and time consuming than acquiring them. Put yourself in the purchaser's shoes and set a price that you would be willing to pay.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.