State Farm no longer paying for chip repair

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
jgm0348
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

State Farm no longer paying for chip repair

Post by jgm0348 »

I worked on a customers windshield today in a office park and when he called the 1-800 number on his insurance card they stated that they now only pay for replacements. He paid cash which is good. Has anyone else had this issue? I am in Texas.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: State Farm no longer paying for chip repair

Post by Brent Deines »

That is true of State Farm and has been for many years now. They are the only major player that does not pay for repairs that I am aware of. Luckily State Farm agents are still pretty good about recommending repair to their insureds. Why wouldn't they? The cost of the repair is usually less than the deductible so the insured saves money and because you are not filing a claim the agent keeps their claims ratio to a minimum which looks good for them.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
old school

Post by old school »

We seem to have no ptoblems with State Farm repair from states that allow repairs.
TJ19855

Post by TJ19855 »

I've been hearing this a lot lately from agents but our chip glass claims are still going through with no deductible and we are still getting checks.
Mike1997

Post by Mike1997 »

I had heard the same thing about sate farm. Did my research theirs a great company that's helps you find auto repair shops near you i called one up and they provided me with all legal stuff that insurance places have to provide great place btw would recommend it anyone who needs a Auto windshield replacement.. Autoglassgo.com
SanAntonioWindshield

Post by SanAntonioWindshield »

jgm0348 wrote:I worked on a customers windshield today in a office park and when he called the 1-800 number on his insurance card they stated that they now only pay for replacements. He paid cash which is good. Has anyone else had this issue? I am in Texas.
I am in San Antonio and still get paid by State Farm for chips. I just did one as a matter of fact. However, about 6 months ago I was mareting at a State Farm Agent's Office and told me they were going to stop in the future. But that was 6 months ago, maybe longer.
ghost rider
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by ghost rider »

The title of this post is misleading. It should be " State Farm no longer waiving deductible for chip repair". State Farm will still pay for chip repair if the insured has zero deductible or a glass rider with zero deductible. The only thing that has changed is State Farm no longer waives the deductible for chip repair in most states. State Farm stopped waiving the deductible here years ago but I still get paid for repairs by them if the customer has a zero deductible or a glass rider. How many states out there where they still waive the deductible?
SanAntonioWindshield

Post by SanAntonioWindshield »

Ok State Farm is not waiving the deductible anymore in Texas, I posted in 2016 they still were but as of a year ago or more they stopped. :?