Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
- Junior Member
- Posts: 27
- Joined: August 14th, 2014, 7:11 pm
- Enter the middle number please (3): 3
Do aftermarket windshields chip easier than oem windshields?
- Posts: 2442
- Joined: September 24th, 2003, 7:54 am
- Enter the middle number please (3): 5
- Location: Eugene, OR
It's possible that some do but certainly not all do. Like OEM windshields, aftermarket windshields are made in various different manufacturing facilities all over the world and while the processes are similar, we have noticed some handle a significantly harder impact before damage occurs. That goes for both OEM and ARG. It's also quite possible that windshields manufactured by the same company in the same facility will vary slightly from batch to batch based on the raw glass use for each batch.
- These users thanked the author Brent Deines for the post:
- jdn (October 25th, 2016, 6:11 pm)
Delta Kits, Inc.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests