Not getting perfectly clear

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Not getting perfectly clear

Post by Kgobin »

We stopped advertising the single part product because we believe the Infinity 4.1 is a superior product but it's still available by special order.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
Shue76
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Not getting perfectly clear

Post by Shue76 »

G'day fella's,

This is a great thread...

Something I wanted to add regarding the issue of not quite getting the A1 look on every headlight etc...

I believe it may be due to the polycarbonate material getting absolutely hammered from both the inside and out!
The bulbs put out so much light intensity and heat from the inside and the sun's UV (and really how many other ray's) attacking from the front, I feel the actual polycarbonate gets effected to full depth of material to a degree. Hence new poly can not be compared to exposed poly.

...and, talking from a detailing perspective if you're not getting the previous sandpaper' grade scratches out of the material you are essentially polishing the scratches you have already induced with the lower grade sandpaper's. In that you can still polish 'over' scratches and make the scratches shiney yet will still have a mild dullness to the underlying material.