Do you have a Facebook page?

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
NMChipTech
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Do you have a Facebook page?

Post by NMChipTech »

I am a little late to this party but will chime in anyway. I have a personal page and a business page. Since the business page creates interest by likes, everytime I post pictures to the business page I share them to my personal page so that my friends can see them and share them with their friends. With every post to my business page and every share it seems I generate one or more likes to my business page. I have gotten jobs from posting pictures of my work. I believe pictures are the key to getting work. My page generates all my headlight restoration business because of the dramatic before/after pics of headlight restoration. I am going to start using video to see if that helps to get more jobs. Another key I believe is to post as often as you can. Instagram and Facebook work hand in hand and Instagram has an app that you can group photos together to make some really cool before and after pics. You can do this in the field with your smartphone. Advertising on social media is working for me.
slang103

Post by slang103 »

Without question pictures are infinitely better than plain text posts. That said though, videos or gif's are another level above pictures. Videos with something interesting in the first 2 seconds grab people like none else.

We haven't utilized this resource enough ourselves and are still only beginning the social media adventure. This winter we plan on building a better video content pool with which to choose from.
NMChipTech

Post by NMChipTech »

This is an older post but I would like to chime in. I don't understand a lot about social media but have jumped in with both feet. Currently, must of my business is generated through Facebook. I also have used Instagram and Twitter. Instagram and Facebook work together and you can link Twitter to post your tweets and pics to Facebook also. It is time consuming and of recent I deleted my Instagram. I post pictures of all my work on Facebook and am currently experimenting with boosting my
post to reach more people in my community. There are so many ways to reach people through social media and I am leaning things everyday. You can find me on Facebook by searching my business name which I will share through PM.
SanAntonioWindshield

Post by SanAntonioWindshield »

I have had one for a while it even take online appontments from an App I have built into it. I haven't gotten much business from it but have gotten some :D . I like to post pics of jobs here and there. I was suprised to actually get cusotmers who's cars I fixed actually respond to photos. I hadn't thought they'd ever see them. Here it is, anyone liking it would be helpful:
Dempsterglass

Post by Dempsterglass »

I have a personal page and a business page.
Paying for ads on FB was great a year or two ago. $100 targeted area ad would generate $4-6k. Now maybe $2k.
New metrics in how FB advertise your ads and people's filters have reduced viability of ads. Paid ads in general even through google have had diminished returns due to spam bots skewing analytics and skyrocketing your click costs.
Best to have a solid SEO and word of mouth. 98% of my business has always been word of mouth referral, based on cust experience with my work and service. There is no better sales force than a happy and educated customer on proper auto glass replacement and related services. You can't buy that kind of advertising.
Been in the business 27 yrs total. After 24 yrs of an established reputation in Sacramento area I moved to Kalispell, Montana and I've been in this area 3 yrs now total. 2.5 working on growing my business and taking care of customers and growing rapidly.
I've got some new marketing ideas for this next year. Going to be even better.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

I have to say if I can make $2K on a $100 investment I'll hand out $100 billas all day long. Spending 5% on advertising is pretty in my mind, although I agree that good SEO and word of mouth are the best value.

I used to live in Kalispell when I was a kid, Whitefish as well. Eventually we moved to Missoula but my parents had a cabin on Flathead Lake for awhile after that. Beautiful country, I hope things continue to go well for you there.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Mattimeo

Post by Mattimeo »

fabian0224 wrote:what do you'all think ??? :) facebook.com/chipawaytx
Looks to be a decent facebook page, I want to ask though how does it work for you in terms of getting more responses? I post specials to my facebook page don't seem to get a lot of traffic from it, however when I post specials to google posts on the google my business listing I actually get responses.