Anyone have luck using a banner?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RonLove
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Anyone have luck using a banner?

Post by RonLove »

I am purchasing a banner just to have as another option, my main objective will be to reach out to as many lots, insurance agents, shops, etc.. that I can. I am just curious how everyone would compare their success or the success they have seen others have from using a banner and/or tent in a parking lot. I am aware of city rules and requirements for doing this and I will continue to follow them. That being said, do people have many clients that just happen to pull in and ask for a repair? I also am aware that this is GREATLY impacted by population, flow of traffic, type of environment and neighborhood, I just would like some general statistics so I can decide how much to invest or not invest into this method. Thank you.

"Windshield Repair" Banner with a nice background of a cracked window.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Anyone have luck using a banner?

Post by screenman »

I tried car parks and it worked, but it was certainly not for me, some are happy to do the waiting bit though.
WinMan
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by WinMan »

I'm interested in hearing stories from those who have done parking lots and how good or bad the experience was both in your opinions of doing it and the number of repairs that yielded from it.
Dr.Chipster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Dr.Chipster »

It works, but like screenman says it doesn't keep you super busy. A lot of wait time between jobs. There are circumstance where you will get a flood of people come through from time to time so you need to be ready for that too. I have found on weekdays that work picks up after 2pm. Saturdays are a good day for working this way. Have a pad of paper with you to get phone numbers and addresses for customers who come and can't wait but would like to schedule an appointment. Ask for referrals. This type of marketing works well for those who find cold calling a challenge. For some it is easier to answer questions than start conversations and that is OK. I enjoy both. Work what works best for you.