Pit resin taking longer to cure

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
davidsleg09
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Pit resin taking longer to cure

Post by davidsleg09 »

My last few repairs I have noticed the pit resin is taking a lot longer to cure. I know I'm not as busy as most of you so i dont go through a bottle as fast and I'm still fairly new but does this stuff have a shelf life? Everything I use is the same and I do my best too keep out of extreme temps. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Pit resin taking longer to cure

Post by screenman »

Never had that happen, what type of curing lamp are you using?
davidsleg09

Post by davidsleg09 »

I have the same uv light I've been using, just came with the kit. It worked fine before
screenman

Post by screenman »

How old is the bulb in your light, assuming it is not not LED.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Assuming it's Delta Kits resin it's not likely a shelf life issue or even a resin issue for that matter unless it has been contaminated somehow.

The UV light would be the number one suspect. Could be the bulb or batteries if battery operated. Could also be the circuitry but that is pretty rare.

What are you using for curing tabs? Fairly commonly we find that customers are using some sort of film that actually blocks UV light.

If you have Delta Kits resin and a Delta Kits curing tab or film try curing a drop of pit resin in bright sunshine. It should be plenty hard enough to scrape flat within 2 minutes. If so it almost has to be your light. If not, it almost has to be a resin contamination problem although we rarely see contamination issues unless you are reusing bottles or adding something to the resin purposely.

If you do feel it is a resin issue please give us a call or send the resin to us for testing. We guarantee our resins 100%.

If not using Delta Kits products there may be other causes that I am not familiar with.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
candyman

Post by candyman »

A few years ago , I had a similar issue. I discovered two things. 1. My battery needed replacing and wasn't strong enough. 2. I needed to leave the lamp on longer for certain breaks and weather conditions. . I have not used the small box UV in several years now. I use either the small UV Pin light from Delta or my long white light, depending on size of the break.
candyman

Post by candyman »

A few years ago , I had a similar issue. I discovered two things. 1. My battery needed replacing and wasn't strong enough. 2. I needed to leave the lamp on longer for certain breaks and weather conditions. . I have not used the small box UV in several years now. I use either the small UV Pin light from Delta or my long white light, depending on size of the break.