Invoices

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Texasguy
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Invoices

Post by Texasguy »

So I've never had to make invoices before . This might be a dumb question but , how do I have custom invoices made ? If I wanted to make custom 2part invoices made , would I go to Office Depot or office max and have them made there ?
Thanks
Texasguy
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Invoices

Post by Brent Deines »

We haven't used two part invoices for quite some time but when I first started out I used Nebs (now Deluxe) quite a bit. About 30 years ago we designed an invoice for our glass shop that they liked well enough to use for one of their standard templates. I was surprised to see that they still offer it! https://www.deluxe.com/shopdeluxe/pd/gl ... s/_/A-2520 I wouldn't use that one now but with a few minor changes it would still fit the bill. I believe Office Depot/Office Max offers customized multi part invoices as well and should be competively priced.

Eventually we found a local print shop that would make the same ones for less and now there is a lot of Internet competition so it definitely pays to shop around once you figure out exactly what you want.

Now we print out two computer generated invoices and have the customer sign one for us to keep or send to insurance companies. Some people prefer to have their invoices emailed to them so sometimes you don't even need to print a copy for them and there are apps you can use to capture signatures.

It costs a bit more to get started but I think if I were going mobile and could afford it I would get an ipad, mobile wireless printer, mobile scanner and a mobile credit card swiper so I could do everything electronically on the fly. Some techs are doing almost everything on their phone these days and with all the available apps it is getting easier and easier.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Boris
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Boris »

Why not just use a generic invoice book? They're numbered & run about $5-$7 for a book of 50. Use a self-inking stamp w/ your biz info to stamp cust's copy. Custom forms are nice looking but can be costly.
Clarity Glass
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Clarity Glass »

Well I still do 2-part and yes Office Max/Depot is my designer/supplier. But, wireless is becoming very appealing to me.
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »