Any ever heard of a chemical that restores the extirior plastic on cars ??

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Texasguy
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Any ever heard of a chemical that restores the extirior plastic on cars ??

Post by Texasguy »

So this guy I know , claims that he invented a chemical that restores the plastic extirior on vehicles . He's going to car dealerships / used car lots and selling his services to restore vehicles they have with extirior plastic on them , charging per car . I talked to him for a while and found out that the chemical restores headlights instantly by just rubbing them down with the chemical solution . He did demo a headlight for me and it did look great after a quick wipe down . he says the headlights should remain clear for atleast 8 months to a year or more . Anyway , I was just wondering if anyone knows of any chemical that is made to restore the look of plastics , or if anyone has ever seen anyone doing this on vehicles . Seems like if this is a legit , unique chemical that can restore plastic and headlights in minuets , that it could be lucurative to buy this chemical from him in bulk and use it on a daily basis as an add on service . So ... Is it unique ? Thoughts??

Thanks
Texasguy
Texasguy

Re: Any ever heard of a chemical that restores the extirior plastic on cars ??

Post by Texasguy »

So I spoke a lot with ought first researching plastic restorer on the interweb... There are several . I just wonder if they will all do headlight restoration and if they will all continue to look good after a few weeks or months . Anyone use a simple solution to restore headlights rather than using the tradition drill , doing buffing and polishing ... ? Anyone use a plastic restorer as an ad on ?

Thanks
Texasguy
old school

Post by old school »

Seen kids selling a fast wax product that removes headlight fog but doesn't last long also they are usually working with Chipio..
Love to hear more about how find and try the product...
Texasguy

Post by Texasguy »

I can get it for you and send it to you if you want oldschool . But like the fastwax product you were talking about , I'm worried that this stuff won't last long either . But like I said , I have nothing to go on yet besides what the guy has told me . Guess I'm just going to buy some and start using it and see how it goes . Seems like it could be a good ad on to sell at the car washes ... Maybe $45-$75 per car to restore all the exterior plastic ? Could be a good money maker , we will see .

Texasguy
candyman

Post by candyman »

There are products that do a good job on restoring the shine to the plastic moldings on a vehicle. I've used one of the nationally known products, and it does work. it will last about 4 to 6 months , then starts fading out. The price is about $35 and up for about 32 ounces. You will find a lot of products on line, so beware. Most of the customers don''t won't to pay more than what the products cost. I use it for my vehicles and friends. I am sure you will find demonstrations at major car shows, with out buying the product first. The product I use has a strong smell to it and requires gloves to apply to a clean surface. It dries within 24 hours or sooner.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Regarding this cost thing that often gets mentioned. Eggs on toast cost say a $ in material costs but people will pay $10 for it.

I say from experience most people will pay well for a good product, but maybe I am selling too different people.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Headlights take me 40 minutes to do a full and proper job that will last years, I charge $100 for the pair. Now the guys around this way who cannot work out why I am always busy charge $40 and are seldom busy, why is that?
ClearHeadlights-Ohio

Post by ClearHeadlights-Ohio »

You get what you pay for. Great service isn't cheap and cheap service isn't great.