NEED HELP PLEASE !! HOW DO I START A WSR BUSINESS

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
Dunny323
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: NEED HELP PLEASE !! HOW DO I START A WSR BUSINESS

Post by Dunny323 »

Could anyone give me info in the UK?

Looking for info on how to get insurance companies to use you for repairs.

Thanks
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Sorry Dunny I missed this post, why would you want to do insurance work, it is the worst one to do over here. None of the successful WSR guys I know bother billing the insurers at all as it is so hit and miss.

Fleets and garages is where the money is for us guys, the retail jobs will pay you direct as they do not want their premiums to rise. If you really do want to bill then link with SICP which is owned by Belron (Autoglass) but do not expect any work from them.

If you are top notch and confident with every type of repair including long cracks and fully understand drying out etc. then the UK market is a good one to be in.

I hope you were not shown to use heat from the inside on your repairs when you were trained.
getrepaired

Post by getrepaired »

Hi Screenman

Sorry ive made a new account.

I was trained by glasweld a few years back and they did try and get us to heat from inside but i was always reluctant to do so!!!

I have ordered the new kit from the USA and should be here next week as its been in UK customs for the last 4 days!

I have alot of friends and conatcs within the garage trade and have spoke to them and a few are from main dealers such as audi, bmw and vauxhall so hoping to get plenty of work through them. Will also be contacting local haulage companies etc to provide fleet inspections etc

Thanks
screenman

Post by screenman »

I wish you luck and if you think I can be of any help please ask, what kit did you get?
screenman

Post by screenman »

Forgot to say I supply quite a few ex GW guys, some very successful one's as well.
getrepaired

Post by getrepaired »

Do you have a website screen man? For buying consumables etc?
Txsmoke52

Post by Txsmoke52 »

Also new to WSR. May I have contact info so I can call and ask some questions. Kit arrives tomorrow!! Thanks!
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

Seriously!!??
texas0661

Post by texas0661 »

Hi I am new to the windshield repair business. I would like advice on how to start successful business.
i have purchased my Delta Kit now its time to put it to use. any help/advice would be grateful.
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

Korey is very helpful do you know which model interests you ? I just opened 9-1-2018 I chose to do retail and free chip repairs with approved insurance. I chose a shopping mall location being people don't mind shopping while you do the repair. It can take a few weeks to a month to get paid by the TPAs. In retail I get to meet lots of different customers I have already had ten repeat customers and about 20 referred ones. I wont become a millionaire over night but in one month I have paid off all the costs to start up which is amazing. If you chose the retail model tent location let me know I got a great but kind of expensive tent and found some great places to get banners car magnets and uniforms made. We are hoping to have number two up by summer. I wish you success in which ever way you decide to go. Rock Chip Repair N Roll llc by Robert Cummins