SGC Network

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
h2oman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

SGC Network

Post by h2oman »

I started dealing with insurance claims last year and and I have reached that full year and a lot of the jobs were billed through The SGC Network. Now that I have reached a full year I can get set up an approved source for repairs (if I am understanding correctly). The SGC Network requires certifications??? I have repaired windshield for many many years and have been self taught over time. Can anyone tell me what certifications I may need to satisfy them ???

Thanks,

Chris
bill lambeth

Re: SGC Network

Post by bill lambeth »

No certifications are needed ! Just the million dollar liability. I am a preferred vendor and I know that I had to jump through a lot of hoops for that !
johnnyone
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by johnnyone »

I have been in the SGC net work for over a year and have not received any referral or dispatches for repairs. :roll: :roll: They told me that I would get some work but that has not happened. :cry: :cry: I will still use there web site for filing glass claims that I do for my customers. Good bye Safe lit solutions network :) :)
h2oman

Post by h2oman »

johnnyone wrote:I have been in the SGC net work for over a year and have not received any referral or dispatches for repairs. :roll: :roll: They told me that I would get some work but that has not happened. :cry: :cry: I will still use there web site for filing glass claims that I do for my customers. Good bye Safe lit solutions network :) :)
Actually I don't plane on receiving any referrals from the because I am not a Safelite shop nor do I want to be. I do a lot of business through insurance here and every time its wit SGC they tell my customer I am not an approved shop but then they still turn around and give me the approval number. I just want to be on their approved vendor list. :)
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Bruce McDonald wrote:
bill lambeth wrote:No certifications are needed ! Just the million dollar liability. I am a preferred vendor and I know that I had to jump through a lot of hoops for that !
Correction: Carry at least $500,000 in general or commercial liability insurance. :oops:
You are right ! I was thinking of Enterprise!
benswindshieldrepair

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

The ONLY reason I am in their network is so they can say to my customer "Oh Great, Ben's Auto Glass is one of our preferred providers." At the end of the day they are totally full of ****. I have a Safelite shop within 30 miles and they have never referred any work to me, and have, in fact, poached a lot of work from me, even when the customer specifically requested my shop. The problem is that if you aren't in their "network" their script makes you sound like a half assed hack. This is, obviously, by design. If you're not in their network they will tell your customer that there is not a warranty for the work you do, even if you warranty your own work, which I do. If you opt out of their contract, you simply need to explain your warranty to your customer prior to dialing 1800 KILL-MYBUSINESS.
candyman

Post by candyman »

I signed up with SGC about 6 years ago. I seldom get a call from them unless its in a remote area. The ;ast 2 I did for them I had to refund the money. The owners decided a few months later they wanted a replacement. in fact one of them was over a year from the date I repaired it. I don't care if they call me or not. I have to pay to transmit a invoice to them . Its not much but every cent counts. HSG doesn't charge me to process a invoice by internet and they keep me busy. Sometimes LYNX Services. If I lived in a larger market I would get much more referrals from the above.
ghost rider
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by ghost rider »

Candyman, SGC has free online invoicing just like HSG. Why are you paying to transmit invoices?