Insurance approved in UK

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Essex&Herts
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Insurance approved in UK

Post by Essex&Herts »

Hi guys

Hope you are all well.

I am a newbie to windscreen repair in the UK ( 6 months or so ) and most of my work (which isn't enough) is cold calling and repeat business.

The idea of becoming insurance approved seems to be another source of income but how/where do I go to contact the correct people rather than pressing 1 for claims, 2 for home insurance and 3 for van insurance etc. I believe this will allow me to set up in car parks and carry out repairs there and then with no need for the customer to pay.

Thank you for any advice.

Steve
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Insurance approved in UK

Post by screenman »

Steve that line o work is becoming a lost cause over here with fewer and fewer insurance companies paying out to independents. You can sign up with SICP ( owned by Belron) Or WICS I think still have a couple.

What with a repair affecting the premiums, although not the no claims discount, along with an excess even on repairs with a lot of companies I find that most people would rather pay up front and not make a claim.
Essex&Herts
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Essex&Herts »

Thanks screenman, only just seen your reply.

I have spoken to WICS this week and also emailed SICP (waiting for a reply). I was hoping it would open a few doors and a new source of revenue as most of the public seem to think a repair is free on their insurance and oblivious to the fact that the person who eventually pays for the repair is them anyway.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Just need to polish up on the old sales skills, it is an objection easily overcome.