pricing

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
jdn
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

pricing

Post by jdn »

Hey , getting ready to get started soon. What's a normal pricing system for small used car lots. I'm thinking 50% of what I would normally charge with a $50 minimum. Is that reasonable? Too high? Too low? Thanks.
candyman

Re: pricing

Post by candyman »

I charge about 70% of normal fee. The problem with a lot of used auto dealers, they always want to low ball. Many do repairs on those that they have a buyer wanting the WSR as part of the purchase agreement. Used dealers rotate cars around and don't want to invest money unless its a must. I have a dealer that fixes every vehicle as he puts it on the lot. This Dealer hand picks and buys top quality vehicles. Trade-in vehicles that don't meet his criteria are sent to another dealer or market. Fleets are a different market. Some on here say charge what your market will support.
Wago
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Wago »

I charge 80% of my standard price of $50.00. Haven't raised my price in 10 years, so won't do it for less.
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

Charge full price for the first repair.
If you like working for them, and they like the quality of your repairs; give them a price break on future repairs.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I charge them the same as I do retail customer who bring their cars to me, I do not cost my trade customers money, I SAVE them money. It is all in the selling.
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

I'm not a big fan of reduced price, cut rate fleet and dealer work. My price is what it is and that has worked well for me.