Been getting screwed by the lighter

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Been getting screwed by the lighter

Post by GlassStarz »

Seriously dude you didn't get the point. Lots more pressure than you will ever need. Enough vac that if you put your finger over the end and pull back you could draw a blister. Average 10 chips a day for 12 years pretty sure I know how to use the resinator :-)
clearquest
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by clearquest »

Im sure glad there are really smart scientists around to explain everything to all us dimwits!
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

You seem to like to take shots there Haywood stick to the folks who havnt been doing this for years. Pretty sure I forgot more today than you will ever know. Dimwit is a good description. Now shut sit down and listen you might learn something.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Just 12 years. G, I have another 14 years on you there. I am sure I know how to use a Resinator, GlassWeld, Esprit, Novus, Glass Mechanix, Glass Medic, GT Spectrum thingy and the list goes on. I choose to use Delta though and it works very well.

I am not saying any are wrong, I am saying that you do not need big vacuum. Or bulky equipment for that matter to do quality repairs in fast times.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

I agree with you screen I know several make some machines. I use a small light injector similar in size to the delta it's bottom fill. Very light but like the Chevy Ford argument what ever works for you go with. Certainly you can do a repair with a LOW vac system it been working for decades but create a vacuum and use some follow up pressure you will find things go a lot faster.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

We have been pretty lenient but no more name calling guys. It serves no purpose and is against forum guidelines, which I would encourage you to review. Please be respectful of the opinions of others even if you don't agree.

Thanks!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
clearquest
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by clearquest »

I didnt call names other than calling myself a dimwit because I'm not proficient in the science behind everything. I see on an ongoing basis that many people tend to miss the facts, according to GlassStarz and either he is just an amazingly smart human who is never wrong or others, such as myself, are just not very smart. I've been Scooter and now Haywood which doesnt bother me. I find that part amusing. What I dont find amusing is when someone places themself on a pedestal and talks down to me or tells me how smart they are and how dumb I am. I've been doing wsr for 12 years now. I do high quality work and run a very succesful business. He indicates he has forgot more than I will ever know. Once again, he likes to throw out how smart he is while indicating that others arent. So yes, we all know that the name calling stuff isnt allowed on this forum, but why is he allowed to insult myself and so many others by indicating we are simply stupid or inexperienced. Why is that allowed? I've been kicked of this forum before because I let his insults get under my skin. You Brent graciously allowed me back and I've minded my p's and q's. But the same ole line of him insulting others and questioning their integrity and their ability has gone on for over 10 years. I just dont get it. If we are all on here to help others and help ourselves, how does it help to have someone act superior to others and demean them when their way isnt his way?
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

My comment about name calling was not directed at you clearquest, and simply put, I agree with you. As a moderator of this forum I can assure you we do our best to maintain civility, while at the same time encouraging open and honest discussion within the provided guidelines. Rarely does anyone get banned, and when they do they are generally given a second chance. A permanent ban only happens when a forum member continually refuses to follow forum guidelines and has had multiple complaints from other members.

Forum members can help us by reporting any posts you feel are offensive and by maintaining your composure and professionalism, as you have been. Hang in there, things have a way or working themselves out.

Since we are completely off topic at this point I would ask that if you wish to continue this conversation you move it to the Water Cooler forum or if you have specific suggestions on how we can improve the forum, post them in the Forum Feedback forum.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.