Insurance help

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
kickinautoglass
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Insurance help

Post by kickinautoglass »

I've just opened my business and got it going. Idk how or what I need to do in order to accept insurance jobs. Can someone help me out. What do I need to do or call to get in the system so when someone wants to claim there insurance that I can get the paper work done. Thanks in advance.
EMCAutoGlass

Re: Insurance help

Post by EMCAutoGlass »

There's a recent post on this very topic from the last week or so: "NEED LIST OF NUMBERS FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES". There's an entire list of the insurance networks, the biggest being Safelite Solutions, Lynx, and HSG (Harmon Solutions Group). Just "Google" them, pull up their website, and there should be a link to download their membership agreement, or there will at least be a number to call and they can fax/e-mail you the paperwork. It's actually pretty easy. Good luck.
-Marty
h2oman

Post by h2oman »

It took me no time to get set up with Lynx, the other two I have been on line an registered but still waiting to here from them so I can proceed.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

It is now 7 years since I billed an insurer, far better market out their.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Even if you do not want to bill insurance companies , you still need to be setup because you will have those customer that wants you to go that route. It can be a pain in the rear end from time to time but it will sell you a lot of jobs when the customer does not have to write you a check! I would contact ACT or Delta and they can get you started.
t4k

Post by t4k »

screenman wrote:It is now 7 years since I billed an insurer, far better market out their.
It's been more than 8 years for me...there is a better market out there!!
h2oman

Post by h2oman »

screenman wrote:It is now 7 years since I billed an insurer, far better market out their.
So let me ask you? If you do no insurance, do you tell the customer to call their insurance themselves? How are you getting around it?
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

The only way you can get around the insurance company like screen and tk is saying is to let the customer get reimbursed or just flat not tell them that their insurance will waive their deductible . I feel obligated to give them all their options. I am by no means are saying that these guys are doing anything wrong . I have customers every week say to me " I had this other guy do a chip 6 months ago and said nothing about that ". Wonder who the check was made out to or was it cash ! Do you see what I am saying they don't want to pay tax on the money. Again I am not saying these guys on the forum do that .
EMCAutoGlass

Post by EMCAutoGlass »

Granted, I've only been in the business for a year now, but I don't see how insurance work can be avoided completely. A lot of people know that windshield repair is paid by their insurance company, and I always tell them that is an option. Some choose that route, and some would rather pay cash/check/credit to avoid their insurance company. So if they want to go through their insurance, how do you cash-only guys handle that? Do you make them pay you and then they have to seek reimbursement from the insurance company? I didn't even know you could do that, and I wouldn't be able to explain the process to a customer. Setting up a claim while you're working and then billing the insurance company isn't that much work, so why not give the customer that option? If I wasn't in this business and someone repaired my windshield, charged me, and then tells me to work through my insurance to get reimbursed, I would be a little irritated. For me, I would rather do a little extra to take care of the billing for the customer, and not leave them with work to do.

Thanks,
Marty
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

Screenman,
For those that do not know what you are talking about, what is the far better market and why?