Curing bullseyes under pressure.

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Curing bullseyes under pressure.

Post by t4k »

GlassStarz wrote:Ok for you challenged folks we will start again. Videos of system's that use pressure cure. If you are so far out of it that you can't figure out that when you release the pressure obvious backflow occurs you probably haven't really used a WR injector. Get with the facts I'm starting to know how Galileo felt in his conversation with the pope. If you use a injector that can't take direct uv without possibly freezing up this discussion isn't for you. But shame on the manufacturer that doesn't just fess up to the fact that his equipment can't be used this way. Instead of saying something like yes some folks believe this is a part of the process but we have chosen to go a different direction because of whatever reason. But not in this case just stood on the roof and did his best to turn the subject. Heat? Who still uses that? Oh yea the ones who don't give enough vac or pressure. If you are seriously looking to better your repairs try pressure cure if you are not hey don't worry be happy. I'm out
Ahh man, there's no video?!? I had my popcorn and coke ready to go!!
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

GlassStarz wrote:I'm assuming the tech is doing a repair on cool GLASS that's a basic. And I didn't say you need to pressure just that it provides a better repair. Also that little bit that ran out where did it come from? Basic science would tell you it had to come from somewhere? Or do you have magic resin that expands :-)
The resin that runs out when the bride is removed runs out came from the top (pit area) of the repair, not the bottom. You keep claiming this is basic science so please give us an example of how opening a sealed container full of liquid allows air into the bottom before it allows air into the top. Tip the container at an angle and the air will always stay at the top.

Hot glass or cold, no air will appear at the edge of a bullseye when you remove the bridge if are using Delta Kits equipment and recommended methods. Is hot glass more likely to cause a pressure ring? Yes. More likely to have air appear at the edge of the damage? Not a chance. Resin expands and contracts with heat and cold, just as glass and most other substances do if it is formulated for elasticity, which any resin used to fill damage in a windshield should be. No magic necessary.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Lay your bottle of beer on its side open the top Duh windshields are not upright. Shake it a little so there is pressure again Duh. Both cases the back or bottom is missing liquid really starting to wonder about you dude. You have injected a liquid under pressure then remove the injector Backflow is a basic principle since the edges were the last to fill they will be the first to empty come on man you have to have taken 8th grade science?
clearquest
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by clearquest »

Thats a ridiculous comparison coming from someone so scientifically smart! p
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

GlassStarz wrote:Lay your bottle of beer on its side open the top Duh windshields are not upright. Shake it a little so there is pressure again Duh. Both cases the back or bottom is missing liquid really starting to wonder about you dude. You have injected a liquid under pressure then remove the injector Backflow is a basic principle since the edges were the last to fill they will be the first to empty come on man you have to have taken 8th grade science?
The pressure is not coming from inside the windshield repair no matter how much you shake up the car. :o I'm trying to be respectful and take you seriously but you are not making it easy. I'm not sure where you went to school but I was pretty good in science and you are not making any sense my friend. In your example the beer still remains at the lowest point in the bottle and the air at the highest point. Just keep talking, you are helping proving my point.

Should we agree to disagree and let everyone who reads this thread make up their own mind who has the best grasp on the science behind windshield repair or do you intend to continue wasting my time with this nonsense?
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

Brent, this guy has probably never been wrong about anything. Not only is he always right in his own mind but he also enjoys condemning others through his use of insults. He loves taking shots and jabs at others by calling names or making references to indicate that others are stupid. He's done that on this forum for many years.
t4k

Post by t4k »

clearquest wrote:Brent, this guy has probably never been wrong about anything. Not only is he always right in his own mind but he also enjoys condemning others through his use of insults. He loves taking shots and jabs at others by calling names or making references to indicate that others are stupid. He's done that on this forum for many years.
I think you hit the nail on the head, Scooter :shock: !! haha :D
screenman

Post by screenman »

Before I left the office this morning I filled using a Delta injector a simple bulls eye, I then removed the injector and left it alone, on my return 6 hours later there is no sign of a ring. To me this is the proof I need to not bother pressure curing this sort of damage.

Most signs of so called resin shrinkage is not that unless of course you are using poor quality consumables. I can however create rings and have done so in tests by either too much injector pressure, not drying out correctly, and the easiest way is not cooling enough after using heat to dry out.
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

Screenman, you forgot to shake it!
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

I tried the beer bottle test and came to some very factual scientific conclusions. 1. The beer runs out if you take the lid off while laying on its side. 2. You waste a perfectly good beer!.