Drystar

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
bill lambeth

Drystar

Post by bill lambeth »

I just purchased one for my backup and sure enough a week after receiving it in the mail the one I use everyday quit ! That makes 2 that I have that do not work now ! Any of you opened one up ? I am thinking maybe there is a fuse .Delta being the great company they are said they would take care of it but it is along ways out there ! Total of 10 days at least to wait ! Anybody have this problem?
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Drystar

Post by Kgobin »

Sorry to hear your having issues, even though you didn't buy the moisture evaporator from us we would still be willing to help you out with the issue if you wish to send it to us.

The video below should help you, if not then it's probably an issue with the power cord.

Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Thanks Korey ! As always you have an answer ! I did buy one of them from you but it has been many of moons ago and would not expect to be warranted !
Mr Bill
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Mr Bill »

I have had problems with my drystar not working. I opened it up and cleaned the switch contacts with a nail file.
That fixed it.
Other times, the cigarette lighter type plug had a disconnected wire inside it.
Both my drystar and my UV light have recurring problems with the plug falling apart after a while.
Replacement plugs fall apart too after a while .
An ohm meter is a handy tool to own, as you can check continuity with it.
Some tool stores have ohm meters for around $5
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Getting to know your tools and how they work is a great idea, I have used the same Drystar for a long time and yes it does need a service from time to time. The plugs I also find need tweeking about with the soldered joints inside, but never anything serious, unless and when I drop them of course. That said I seldom use anything witha lead and plug any more.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

FYI Screen I have all 3 going now ! Nothing to it !
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by candyman »

That was a good video and time saver. I rarely have a need for mine. However, I have problems with the plugs as well. I keep a spare around just incase. I try never to pull on the wire to disconnect and grip the plug. Since I have a battery power pack for my bigger UV lamps I seldom use the small one in my box that came with the kit. Do you have more wet weather in your neck of the woods than the central east coast?
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

I am a firm believer in drying out in the early morning after moisture is on the w/s. I feel like moisture is my biggest enemy beside the temp!