Curing bullseyes under pressure.

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
clearquest
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Curing bullseyes under pressure.

Post by clearquest »

I have seen other posts that recommend curing bullseyes under pressure to try to help eliminate the visible ring that sometimes can occur. That was supposedly to fix the problem due to resin "shrink". I dont think that curing under pressure is a solution to that problem. With a quality resin and proper procedures, resin shrink is never an issue. The two primary reasons for that visible ring are 1.Too much injection pressure. 2. Too much heat. If your windshield temp is not overly hot and you do not apply to much resin pressure during the repair, in general you will not have problems with that visible ring.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Curing bullseyes under pressure.

Post by t4k »

I agree!!!
screenman

Post by screenman »

So do I.

I use curing under pressure on very large breaks with big pits, as I have found that resin can escape once you remove the bridge, this can allow some air back in.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

I agree ! But you will still see an outline on some no matter what !
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

clearquest wrote:I have seen other posts that recommend curing bullseyes under pressure to try to help eliminate the visible ring that sometimes can occur. That was supposedly to fix the problem due to resin "shrink". I dont think that curing under pressure is a solution to that problem. With a quality resin and proper procedures, resin shrink is never an issue. The two primary reasons for that visible ring are 1.Too much injection pressure. 2. Too much heat. If your windshield temp is not overly hot and you do not apply to much resin pressure during the repair, in general you will not have problems with that visible ring.
I agree.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

If you fill the bull to the max and cure under pressure you will see nothing of the circle. This a a fact couple thousand done myself to prove the fact. If your equipment doesn't allow pressure cure go the other way. MINE DOES.And it works. If your gear does not allow this I'm sure you honestly believe it doesn't work because for you it doesn't.
screenman

Post by screenman »

If you do decide on cure under pressure I must say the Ignite light is the best I have found for the job.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

I cure most repairs under pressure as far as that goes . I will let big orange do that for a few seconds and then I use ignite !
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

I use the sun as well here and In Alabama there is plenty. Screen wouldn't remember the last time they had a cooker like I have here today lol :D
t4k

Post by t4k »

GlassStarz wrote:I use the sun as well here and In Alabama there is plenty. Screen wouldn't remember the last time they had a cooker like I have here today lol :D
Lack of vitamin D. :lol: