Injector

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
bill lambeth

Injector

Post by bill lambeth »

Anybody familiar with US Windshield Repair ? I am a user of Magna Bond but this guys resin ROCKS ! My skeletons look a lot less noticeable than ever before .No disrespect to Delta what so ever! I am testing his equipment now and not sure about it yet but I am always looking for something with less twisting (threading) motion as my right wrist was basically crushed in 99. And yes I have tried Deltas numerous times but just wasn't for me. Any input would be appreciated as I really do need to find an injector . I have been doing this fulltime for 10 years and have been using the QT with a Delta bridge. The QT does a great job but I want something a little less work .Liquid Resin is an awesome company just like Delta. I know this is opening a big can of worms !
Mr Bill
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Injector

Post by Mr Bill »

What specifically do you not like about the QT Resinator?
The US Windshield Repair injector has no vacuum port, otherwise, it looks like it works like a DK injector, only the DK one is spring loaded.
I like an injector which is screwed into the bridge, so adjusting head pressure against the glass is simple.
The US one looks a little more fiddly.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Bill I do not like having to screw in the QT injector in and they have made them out of a dark color and sometimes you want have resin because you can't see that there is air in the end. These injectors gum fairly easy and yes I keep them out of the sun. The amount of vacuum you get on the US injector is amazing but I do agree with you about being a little testy to operate. Still trying to get the hang of it. I am totally sold on his resin.
Auto Glass Rescue
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Auto Glass Rescue »

I have nothing but great things to say about Delta Kits and their Injectors, but this thread got me thinking about something I was wondering a while back...

What kind of vacuum are the Delta Kit Injectors pulling? What about the GlasWeld G3 ProVac Injector vacuum? Are the two comparable in the vacuum they pull?
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

You do not need much vacuum to do a quality repair, took me 17 years to be convinced of that but I am turned now.