$150 for delta kit

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: $150 for delta kit

Post by GlassStarz »

The fact that its used should be obvios. The guy basicly asked gee bubba I found a used kit that is complete that I can buy for the cost of 3 repairs is that a good deal . Maybe he was asking a legit question but you have to admit it was a little lame. :D
screenman

Post by screenman »

To succeed in business you have to be able to think for yourself, this is what I was trying to get the guy to do.

You also have to be able to roll with the knocks.
t4k

Post by t4k »

screenman wrote:To succeed in business you have to be able to think for yourself, this is what I was trying to get the guy to do.

You also have to be able to roll with the knocks.
I see now!!

So you were doing him a huge favor!

I get it now! :shock:
screenman

Post by screenman »

Yep! you got it bang on there.
puka pau
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by puka pau »

Screenman raises an excellent point (jeeze, did I just say that?). Anyway, the point about thinking for yourself is this: I would wager that the majority of successful W/S repair personnel who have been in the business for a decade or two at least are those who did not have the dubious luxury or crutch of a forum such as this and were by necessity compelled to think for themselves - meaning that they had to experiment, try and fail, scratch their head, slap their forehead and kick themselves in the nether regions a lot rather than immediately succumbing to the knee jerk reaction of posting every simplistic and inane query here or elsewhere just because they were too lazy or inept to flick their brain on-switch.
t4k

Post by t4k »

puka pau wrote:Screenman raises an excellent point (jeeze, did I just say that?). Anyway, the point about thinking for yourself is this: I would wager that the majority of successful W/S repair personnel who have been in the business for a decade or two at least are those who did not have the dubious luxury or crutch of a forum such as this and were by necessity compelled to think for themselves - meaning that they had to experiment, try and fail, scratch their head, slap their forehead and kick themselves in the nether regions a lot rather than immediately succumbing to the knee jerk reaction of posting every simplistic and inane query here or elsewhere just because they were too lazy or inept to flick their brain on-switch.
With that being said, what type of questions, if any, would be fitting for this forum?
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

When I first started reading this forum, newcomers would ask questions and members would give helpful answers.
Now they are more likely to tell you to look up the answer for yourself in the archives.
schnazzybo

Post by schnazzybo »

Actually it is a used kit, not sure what model bridge, my mistake for not mentioning that, havent actually seen it yet so cant vouch for condition..........so, any USEFUL information is appreciated
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

After I completed my DK training, I spent more than $1000 for a kit.
$150 is small change to get started in a skill where you can make at least $50 per repair.
Do you think you could arrange to do 3 repairs to cover your initial investment?
puka pau
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by puka pau »

1. There are no stupid questions; however,
2. WSR is a far cry from rocket science, therefore,
3. I would wager that probably 99% of all technical questions have already been addressed. Consequently,
4. This forum has, intentionally or not, aggregated a comprehensive database of technical insight. However, bear in mind that

1. A significant number of answers are subjective and arguable
2. Most questions posed by newbies are of the type that should have been addressed in training. However,
3. Because there are (in my opinion) way too many tool vendors competing for space in a thin market, all vendors as a matter of self preservation usually fall victim to the marketing strategy of pushing product at the expense of training. Now obviously, this last statement is a bit inflammatory and may encourage vendors to object. However, I fail to see how a DVD and/or eight +/- hours of personal training in a controlled environment qualifies anyone, no matter how instinctively adept they may be, to professionally address the challenges of WSR - rocket science or not.

As a result, this forum is continually besieged. So while I can understand Mr Bill's position in a philosophical context, I would submit that the first thing to do would be to reference technical questions in the archives and then, only if the answers are ambiguous or contradictory, pose the question to the forum for clarification.