Need dealership / fleet new acct sales help TX

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
glassguypdx
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Need dealership / fleet new acct sales help TX

Post by glassguypdx »

Hi all.

I'll try to keep this as brief as possible as all the details can be worked out in private messages .

Ive recently moved to Austin Tx area and Im ready to launch my new Glass and Plastic restoration business . What I am requiring is some assistance in setting up my initial account base by selling to dealership and fleet accounts, with the emphasis on dealer work ( especially the franchised stores, ie Ford, toyota etc ) . I do not need any assistance with training or setting up my business as Im already sufficiently trained in the services I'll be offering and the business is set up and ready to go . I figure I'll need around 3-5 day of sales help. I dont have a lot of cash but Im sure for the right individual we would be able to work out a fair deal between us. Im only looking for a proven performer that knows how to close their customers on the first meeting and has the sufficient time available . If your interested in helping me get my territory started please contact me so we can discuss the terms . Please do not reply if you live in the greater Austin area.

Thanks.

John I
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Need dealership / fleet new acct sales help TX

Post by GlassStarz »

If you cant sell getting someone to sell for you short term isnt going to work. This is a relationship buisness they are going to want to deal with the guy who sold them. Learn to sell. I have over 20 years in auto sales before switching to this and forgot more today than the average guy here will ever know about how the Carbuisness works. Anyone can do a repair not everyone can sell. Team up with someone who can sell is a option but they are going to want regular contact. Have him walk the lot go and sell the list to the sales mgr you do the repairs while he goes to the next spot and sells that job. But the best option is LEARN TO SELL My Son and I do the one guy sell the other repair a lot when doing cold call I sell it start the repair leave him to work it and I move to sell the next. Either way if you want to last at this Sell is a must.
glassguypdx

Post by glassguypdx »

@Glass starz. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my request. Does your reply mean you will not be flying out to Tx to assist in my request :lol:

Just for the sake of clarity, for you the sales person, this would be a one time sales call per each acct, I would be accompanying you and I, alone would be doing the demo repair. Future visits to the account(s) would be made by me ala solo.

Furthermore, with regards to learning to sell, I couldnt agree with more with your statement, however sometimes we all, at various periods in our life need a little help or nudge getting into first gear to get the vehicle in motion.

And as far as my offer goes, if there are any interested parties, feel free to contact me to discuss terms.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

First im not sure you have a understanding of the Car Buisness you will not walk in and sell anyone your first stop even if you show up with Zig Ziegler. Also they all are aware of what you offer and am not sure what you think you will acomplish with a offer of demo. A dealership will want you to have stopped by several times before you earn thier buisness. They see several want to be WR and Interior Guys a week the Car guys get swamped because every bozo with a kit thinks Dealerships is where the money is. I have one I stopped by several times a month for 2 years one day thier guy went on vacation and they needed a repair and called I now am thier guy but know I better be available or one of the dozen others who stop by will become the guy. Aalso you should know to never count on them New Salesmanager shows up he will call his guy and you are out. Good Luck
glassdoctor

Post by glassdoctor »

Multiple issues with this idea/plan. In addition to what glasstarz said, you won't find a talented "proven performer" salesman to come work a temp job, especially for "not a lot of cash". Those guys probably have a job. ;)

Maybe you have a friend with an outgoing personality that can ride along for a couple days? That's about all you can probably ask for imo
EZglass

Post by EZglass »

First of all have more confidence in yourself .. if you can sale a costumes a windshield job you should be able to sale a service manager as well.. if you cant do that then maybe your doing something wrong. its pretty easy .. you tell them what you do .. why they need you to do it for them as well what it does for the customer. that's should do it .. I pay dealerships a bit and I help out as a greeter on the service drive! I think they like me there just for that. I help them for free and give them money! work different angles! don't be scared .. just do it!

And just to let you know ..I've been planning on getting down there to find a few places and hire a manager and some employees! if this doesn't work out for ya .. drop me a line maybe we could work something out!
Mike W
t4k

Post by t4k »

EZglass wrote: I help them for free and give them money!
Please explain.
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

I have slowly moved away from dealer work and I concentrate on the work that pays me my full regular price. Dealers are noriously cheap and they are looking for cheaper all the time. You can sell, sell, sell your tail off to them and the bottom line is how cheap you can be. Not my cup of tea.