mygrant glass

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

mygrant glass

Post by GlassStarz »

I recently found I can just walk into Mygrant and buy delta resins over the counter. Forma those that dont know Mygrant is where many replacement guys source glass.
screenman

Re: mygrant glass

Post by screenman »

That is useful for the guys who do not control stock very well, I have a few over here I supply that run out before ordering.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

My thinking is 6 bucks cheaper than the website forma magnibond and no shipping why plan ahead :-) :twisted:
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Not cheaper if you buy a liter and that is what you should do! Big savings !
t4k

Post by t4k »

Bulk is the way to buy your resin! Inventory control is the easiest thing you can do for your business!!!
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

What the heck you gonna do with a liter you do 8 to 10 per day thats maybe 3 bottles a month if you are useing a top loader that lets the unused resin run down the glass when you are done or 2 with a bottom loader. You dont use 50 cent per repair how cheap do you have to be to spend time pouring into little bottles. And of course you would have to use those dumb glass bottles with the dropper because it harder to refil the plastic ones. Naw I will keep buying 15 mil bottles :twisted:
screenman

Post by screenman »

Not often I do this but I agree with G on this one, the saving per job is so small buy buying bulk it is sometimes very hard to justify. For obvious reason's I do buy in bulk but have no problems filling the small plastic bottle, and I use every day the glass one's with a dropper that he dislikes.

Nice thing about this trade is there are so many way to earn a good living.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

I do not use those dropper bottles ! I use plastic bottles and it is no big deal to refill it when it gets low! When you have more than yourself that changes things!
t4k

Post by t4k »

(edited) I had a long post about how I buy resin on here then I thought......why?

Do what you want and be happy about it! I am not going argue over something so trivial!
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Back to the original point there may be places in your area that carry WR products its always easier to just walk in and buy something that said Im sure some brainiac wil chime in to tell us paying more and waiting for it to be delivered is somehow better. Or buying something you use a couple ounces a month is always better by the 55 gallon drum. Bet they buy the big Costco 1250 roll Tp and save 2 bucks lol . :o me im a 4 pack guy :lol: