9.99 hlr kit at harbor freight

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: 9.99 hlr kit at harbor freight

Post by screenman »

Not everybody buys on price, I would say for most of the services I offer that I am the most expensive in my area, seems I am also the busiest. Keep selling and keep selling.
blemon56
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by blemon56 »

screenman wrote:Not everybody buys on price, I would say for most of the services I offer that I am the most expensive in my area, seems I am also the busiest. Keep selling and keep selling.

I'm curious too... How much time on average to do a set? I usually take two hours but I'm quite picky... and I'm retired!
ChipMech
WCR & HLR
rydik

Post by rydik »

About 45 mins to an hour.
Old Blue 66

Post by Old Blue 66 »

screenman wrote:Not everybody buys on price, I would say for most of the services I offer that I am the most expensive in my area, seems I am also the busiest. Keep selling and keep selling.
Agreed and Same here. We aren't cheap but its all in the way your present yourself and your work.
Paul Weinstein
screenman

Post by screenman »

I take about 45 minutes for a rough pair and charge the equivalent of about $95 for the pair.

Old Blue 66, you got it right there.
t4k

Post by t4k »

Rydik, I don't discuss my pricing on a forum but you need to make this 45 minutes to an hour worth your while. If you are happy with your time spent vs. money earned, then you are good to go!
screenman

Post by screenman »

t4k, that attitude is fine until the next guy in your area does really good quality work and enjoys earning $50 a day.

I am not saying this is the case here, but keep those prices up guys.
rydik

Post by rydik »

just finished doing my buddy's lexus is 350, and he was there for the whole process watching me. He told me that a guy at a local car wash was gonna do it for $50, and i told him the process that i go through with delta kit. after seeing everything he was a believer. not quite sure what process the guy was do it at the car wash, but i'm starting to realize that $40 is low. Screenman, your price is $95 a pair reatail and at fleet accnts as well?
Old Blue 66

Post by Old Blue 66 »

rydik wrote:just finished doing my buddy's lexus is 350, and he was there for the whole process watching me. He told me that a guy at a local car wash was gonna do it for $50, and i told him the process that i go through with delta kit. after seeing everything he was a believer. not quite sure what process the guy was do it at the car wash, but i'm starting to realize that $40 is low. Screenman, your price is $95 a pair reatail and at fleet accnts as well?
Our price at retail is the same ($99.00). Commercial accounts is higher due to the all of the abuse the front end takes (we provide a five yr warranty with fleet). Price is based of how much we save the customer since they are far more prone to replacing headlights in the first place.
Paul Weinstein
t4k

Post by t4k »

With the high end cars, you can easily charge up to (6) times your original stated pricing!

I love working on Lexus headlights....they seem to clear up easier than some of the other brands.