Marketing Windshield Repair

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
kmuise
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Marketing Windshield Repair

Post by kmuise »

Hello everyone, I'm looking for some marketing strategies and was wondering if anyone has used the e-book by Martin Collins, In The Chips Windshield Repair marketing. I'm hesitant about e-books and buying anything on line like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Marketing Windshield Repair

Post by GlassStarz »

Got Hands? then walk into the place you are looking for work stick one out and shake the guys hand if you have teeth smile best marketing advice you will ever get dont get hung up on the Mickey Mouse programs :twisted:
the big welshman

Post by the big welshman »

You will get more hits from a advertising on your vehicle no hits for advertising on the internet A WASTE OF MONEY maybe some hits from yellow book or supper pages make adds small short and sweat, you maybe able to get some free advertising, the best thing to promote you business is on a Rain/wet/day some business cards and do some leg work and cold calling on accounts you might have to give some accounts a freebee to show them what kind of quality repairs you do GOOD LUCK?? IT TAKES TIME TO BUILD A BUISNESS
SuperGlassDC

Post by SuperGlassDC »

Hand out business cards and cold calls. Dont try to compete with safelight
Mariagilbert

Post by Mariagilbert »

This industry primarily replaces, repairs and tints the glass of automotive vehicles. Marketing is the key difference between living the life you dreamed of when you started your windshield repair business or hanging on by your fingernails as you struggle to hang on. Windshield repair is a dynamic business franchise opportunity with a thirty year history of servicing the commercial and insurance industry for the repair of rock damaged and cracked windshields.
wilz

Post by wilz »

'Word of mouth' refferals works best for me
Dr.Chipster

Post by Dr.Chipster »

I bought the book when I first started 5 years ago. It has some good ideas you can put to use if you are not 100% comfortable when cold calling. He also addresses some other opportunities on where and how to do business. If anything, it will get your creative juices flowing. Not a bad book for 40 bucks. Some folks are born with the ability to sell ice to an Eskimo. The majority of us have to work hard to master the skill. GlassStarz is right though, whether it come natural or it's tough for you, you still have to stick out that hand and smile if you are ever going to succeed. I still remember the first time I went out cold calling. My voice was shaky and I felt like I was gonna throw up, but I landed 3 jobs that day and made $150.00. I used the marketing techniques from Martins book that day. Oh, forgot to mention that I worked 2.5 hrs that day too. I love this business and you know what, I still get nervous. :lol:
benswindshieldrepair

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

Don't be shy. Tell them what you can do for them. Be confident in what you know you can do for them. Do it for them, and they will tell their friends. It's a hard sell sometimes, but when it gets tough, like life, dust it off and get the next one. You must be tough, vigilant, and nearly shameless to SELL ANYTHING. WSR is all about sales. As I've said before, the timid need not apply. Your marketing is going to have to be face to face. People get used to seeing those chips in many cases and might just blow them off not realizing that at some point, they may compromise their motoring safety and financial safety. When you inform them that those chips might compromise their safety and cost them some serious coin, you might be able to convince them that you can HELP them, they will hopefully listen. If they don't, the next guy will. And so will his wife, uncle, brother, and 5 co-workers. Target nicer late model cars and their owners. Be professional, courteous, and don't be pushy like a "typical salesman." You'll find customers if you get out there. My best repair customers work for real estate companies, insurance agencies, and other office settings with a concentration of vehicles. Introduce yourself to the front desk. They will appreciate it. I've done work for a few of the aforementioned and stopped in to other neighboring businesses because I noticed other cars with chips and ended up with a lot of business due to my "shameless" approach of just saying "hi" with a smile and telling them that I helped their neighbor. You don't need to buy a book to figure this out and the advice on this board is free. Go get 'em.
Dr.Chipster

Post by Dr.Chipster »

benswindshieldrepair wrote:Don't be shy. Tell them what you can do for them. Be confident in what you know you can do for them. Do it for them, and they will tell their friends. It's a hard sell sometimes, but when it gets tough, like life, dust it off and get the next one. You must be tough, vigilant, and nearly shameless to SELL ANYTHING. WSR is all about sales. As I've said before, the timid need not apply. Your marketing is going to have to be face to face. People get used to seeing those chips in many cases and might just blow them off not realizing that at some point, they may compromise their motoring safety and financial safety. When you inform them that those chips might compromise their safety and cost them some serious coin, you might be able to convince them that you can HELP them, they will hopefully listen. If they don't, the next guy will. And so will his wife, uncle, brother, and 5 co-workers. Target nicer late model cars and their owners. Be professional, courteous, and don't be pushy like a "typical salesman." You'll find customers if you get out there. My best repair customers work for real estate companies, insurance agencies, and other office settings with a concentration of vehicles. Introduce yourself to the front desk. They will appreciate it. I've done work for a few of the aforementioned and stopped in to other neighboring businesses because I noticed other cars with chips and ended up with a lot of business due to my "shameless" approach of just saying "hi" with a smile and telling them that I helped their neighbor. You don't need to buy a book to figure this out and the advice on this board is free. Go get 'em.
Ben you fired me up!
Windowologist

Post by Windowologist »

General ideas:

Order about 500 company ink pens - pass them out to key sources eg. barmaids , service managers, oil n lube shops, detail shops, tow truck drivvers ( they know a lot people) etc

Business cards: get proffessional quality laminated cards, pick a color that's stands out ( never white or black) , keep it simple with the description of your services. No need to put Facebook and Twitter logos on them.

If you have local auto or truck shows going on - advertise there ( small sign ) eg , dirt races, mud bogs, truck pulls. Look fir other stuff like Roller Derby ( your local skate shop),sponsor or advertise at little league sports venues , air soft fields, local haunted house, bike rallies, police department events, etc

Network with Snap On tool dealers , other local mobile business people eg , carpet cleaners, painters, landscapers, etc

Think outside box on some of these, everybody knows somebody.