Storing Pit Resin, storing resin in the heat?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Charlie
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Storing Pit Resin, storing resin in the heat?

Post by Charlie »

I've been browsing the site for just a few days, curious what people are up to these days with their pit resins? I've read a bit about people storing them upside down to keep air bubbles down. I've never had a problem with that but have also never done repairs in the high heat.. Seemed to think I saw some advice to keep resins out of too much heat?
candyman

Re: Storing Pit Resin, storing resin in the heat?

Post by candyman »

I store mine upside down. I use a thicker pit resin for hot weather from DK. I also use DK plate glass on some, because its real thick and stays put in hot weather.
kennycrane

Post by kennycrane »

The problem that I have with pit-resin is that when it is warm outside, its like the plastic bottle pressures up. If I turn it upside down even just prior to using it when I take the cap off resin often pours out and makes a mess. (Delta Pit-Resin is what I use) Any suggestions that work will be appreciated. :?
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Buy plenty ! Just kidding ! I did buy a liter though ! Love their pit plus ! I think most people have this problem unless you work out of a shop like screen does! All I can say is to try to keep it cool some way or another ! Mine is like water in the summer time !
ChampionCHIP,wsr
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by ChampionCHIP,wsr »

in the winter months I store upside down, in summer I don"t cause it will just pure out.
harryrat

Post by harryrat »

I just store it normally but just keep the bottles relatively full so I don't tend to have any issues with air bubbles
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

I always use plate glass resin instead of pit filler.
I like the price (15ml for $35) instead of 7mil for $29 0r $31 for pit resin.
I don't particularly have a problem with bubbles in hot weather.
It polishes up nicely.
It was 83 degrees today.
Are there any disadvantages to using plate glass resin that I should be aware of?
candyman

Post by candyman »

I used the plate glass resin after seeing a post a few months back. It appears to work just as well. Brent, what is your take on this.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been out of touch for a few days. Probably not what you want to hear but we are are in the process of phasing out our Premium Plate Glass Resin. Since we introduced Premium Pit Plus, which is approximately the same viscosity, we have been selling less and less plate glass resin for either filling windshield pits or for plate glass repair.

To answer your question, Premium Plate Glass Resin is an excellent resin for those who prefer high viscosity pit fillers and there are not any drawbacks to using it for that purpose. However, Premium Pit Plus has proven to be a superior product and preferred by the vast majority of our windshield repair and plate glass repair customers. Such a large majority in fact, that we no longer sell enough plate glass resin to keep it in our product line. We've been selling it for a drastically reduced price for quite some time now to see if we could revive some interest, but even at the lower price the demand has continued to fade as more and more customers switch to Premium Pit Plus.

I would encourage Premium Plate Glass Resin fans to contact me by telephone to discuss future availability.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
kennycrane

Post by kennycrane »

Thanks harryrat for the advice to keep pit resin bottles full, I've found out that it does pretty much stop the resin from wanting to run out everywhere when you are filling a pit. I guess it allows no room for pressure to build up in the bottle, much better now. :D