I'm Still Around / Internet Marketing Advice

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
ShawnWSR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

I'm Still Around / Internet Marketing Advice

Post by ShawnWSR »

Hope everyone is well! Just wanted to jump on and say yes I'm still around. It's pretty crazy, windshield repair led me to another business, local internet marketing, of which I just opened an office for. I know people claim you can't get much form the internet in our industry but you actually can if done correctly.

Everything is going well on the repair side and I'm looking to get into replacements soon too. The post you saw from Mike at Horizon Glass on that topic is speaking about my request to get training from a referral by Ben form Ben's Windshield Repair. Ben said he was amazing and when I train with him I'll definitely give an update on my experience.

I completely appreciate all the help I got from everyone when I started and I'd like to be here for anyone that can use help in my area of expertise. I'm not the super tech some of you are (I am patient though so I get the job done in and hr haha) but I sure do know my stuff when it comes to local internet marketing; I can definitely steer you guys in the right direction when it comes to that.

I hope this doesn't come across as me selling something because I'm not. I am willing to provide any advice I can free of charge. It might sound like there is a catch but there isn't. Also I'm not an expert in every internet marketing area just local search mainly. I know a decent amount when it comes to PPC but I don't recommend too much of it when it comes to Repair Only. Even though some said I was crazy for asking for free help in the beginning, others were willing to reach out and help me so I'd like to pay it forward in the way that I can.

I'm spending a lot of time on the computer in the evening now anyway. Therefore, actually messaging normal live people while I work instead of speaking to search engines and directories would break up my day nicely haha.

Have any questions? Feel free to fire away or message me.
benswindshieldrepair

Re: I'm Still Around / Internet Marketing Advice

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

Can't wait to hear how things are going after your trip to Sacramento with Horizon Glass. Gonna hit you up on the internet marketing when the snow starts flying around here. Good luck, brother!
chipawaymobile

Post by chipawaymobile »

Hey I don't know if I even have enough posts for it yet, but I would like to check out what you have on the internet marketing.
jasonsresin

Post by jasonsresin »

im very interested in local search or anything you have to say about internet marketing advice. care to write a small post about it for us with some specific tips.
pm sent earlier, thanks ;)
chrisbear1970

Post by chrisbear1970 »

I have recently started my own WR business (have done wr off and on since 1995) and I got a web page through Yola.com. I have acquired 3 domain names. I am listed on my local craigslist as well as Angie's list. I had free webpage but upgraded to the Bronze level so I could keep my domain names with Register.com. Anyway, I made sure my domain names pointed to my yola webpage and added the keywords and so on. Also added my business on Googleplaces and Bingplaces. Anyway, when I search google or Bing for WR repair in my area....I do not come up...well, at least not on the first few pages.... I can type in my business name on google and get to my page...but how is this even going to help me get customers if they can't see my name on the first or second page of google or bing....etc. If I upgrade to the Gold package(160.00 more a year) I can then get SEO (search engine optimization) and local boost and other things....It's all gobbledy gook to me....so my question is...Is it worth it to pay the extra money...I don't know if it will be worth it or not. I don't have extra money to waste on advertising that nobody is even going to see... Nothing beats pounding pavement I guess...What do I do? Please help!