Resin

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
alamochip
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Resin

Post by alamochip »

Hey Guys,

How much resin do we put in to fix a repair? I think I heard 6 drops but how do you measure that? Dont you have to put the dropper down town the bottom of the cylinder so the resin doesn't cure on the upper part. or do you drop in from the top? Would that cure faster before the repair starts?

Also, do you have to clean the the injector and cylinder after every repair? What if I got back to back cars?

Does resin come off rather quickly if i rinse in cup of denature alcohol.

Maybe I'm just freaking out about the resin curing and damaging the equipment,
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Resin

Post by GlassStarz »

Dude you are starting to give me a headache. If its this difficult for you after watching the Videos etc you really have to get so TRAINING! :roll: This is a really easy job if trained properly but you do have to have the basic understanding of what it is we do and how the process works. To answer your question it depends on which system you are useing but the general answer is "Enough to fill the Chip" Big chips take more than small ones kinds simple math. :lol:
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

Best bet until training is at least order the training disk for less than $60.00
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

A guy from Missouri kept calling me telling me had had an oportunity to buy a used Delta Kit.
My advice buy it but get Delta's training. After he bought it he kept calling for help, said he would get training soon.
His last call involved a cracked out windshield. He had used a tourch on the inside to remove "the black stuff" and wondering why as the guy he bought the equipment from said he had heard that was the way too do it. "How long should I have held the tourch on the glass? Did I get it too hot?"

"Next time you call I will be very happy to help you but not before you get training" quote="alamochip"]Hey Guys,

That was his last call.
How much resin do we put in to fix a repair? I think I heard 6 drops but how do you measure that? Dont you have to put the dropper down town the bottom of the cylinder so the resin doesn't cure on the upper part. or do you drop in from the top? Would that cure faster before the repair starts?

Also, do you have to clean the the injector and cylinder after every repair? What if I got back to back cars?

Does resin come off rather quickly if i rinse in cup of denature alcohol.

Maybe I'm just freaking out about the resin curing and damaging the equipment,[/quote]
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

We recommend that you use 7 drops of resin.

Be sure to get the resin to the bottom of the the injector so it fills the end seal.

It's best to clean the injector assembly between uses to prevent resin from curing in the equipment.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

I've offered my assistance once you have your equipment and until you can get trained by delta. I'm here in the Austin area, you can pm me if you want and we will go from there.

ATX
alamochip

Post by alamochip »

Thanks Korey!

Ok, I been doing practice repairs and the chip seems to go away but I have noticed that the whole I drilled is still felt and seen. Is this because i need more resin or is it more pit filler?
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

When completing a repair the restored surface should be smooth and the optical clarity of the damaged area should be improved (the repair will never go away). Call me when you find time so I can help get you on the right track.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
harryrat

Post by harryrat »

I use 3-4 drops when the bridge is already primed
alamochip

Post by alamochip »

What does it mean by "already primed"?