New guy needing help starting out

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
chipawaymobile
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

New guy needing help starting out

Post by chipawaymobile »

Hey guys, my name is Steven and i'm also a newbie to the windshield repair business. I've been reading through the forum for a couple of months now, and it along with Korey, have really helped me get started. I have formed my LLC, retained ins. through RLI, purchased a two pedestal kit from Delta Kits, and have practiced on an old windshield I set up in my office, as well as in my local junkyard. I have in total did about a 70 something repairs. It took me a while just to learn how to create a proper break to practice on. Ive sprayed them down and dried them off a couple times with my moisture evaporator, hair dryer, just because you guys emphasize the importance of practicing on a wet windshield. I ordered a couple of shirts with my name and my company name on them, i'm waiting on my business cards and magnetic signs to come in as well. I'm located 40 miles south of Nashville, and was wondering if there was anyone close, or even relatively close that I could possibly shadow for a little while and see someone experienced do repairs and learn some hands on. I hope to get to go do the training Delta offers, its just going to be a little while before I can afford the flight out. This forum is a blessing and a wealth of knowledge, so any advice, tips or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
chipawaymobile
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: New guy needing help starting out

Post by chipawaymobile »

I don't know whether it is a good thing or a bad thing that no one has responded back to me in my area. I'm not wanting to steal work from anyone, I would just like to have someone tangibly in front of me who could possibly instruct me on a more efficient way to do something, or point out something i may could do to improve my skills. I've read some of the posts that you guys leave for different topics, and I know with the right person teaching me, who has the heart of a teacher, I could learn more in a week with them than i could 6 months on my own. Hopefully i will be able to attend the delta kits crew on the road training in Florida next month, but until then if anyone feels lead to share their wisdom with me i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for everything i've already gained.