Wire removal - Glass Bot

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
benswindshieldrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Wire removal - Glass Bot

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

I was very slow to accept the wire removal method of modern vehicles but industry standards forced me to take the plunge. After countless hours of research, I decided to try the Glass Bot and I used it today for the first time. I am a very happy customer and I can't wait to increase my proficiency in this process. I have been told that this system doesn't allow for monitoring of the wire tension during cut-out process in the way that manual methods do. After using the Glass Bot, for the first time (after viewing their video tutorials) I learned that if you use the tool right, with the dash guards and proper methods as prescribed, you will always know when and if the wire is too tight, binding, or cutting something other than urethane. Furthermore, my first time did not even take me that long and I loved how clean the glass came out. I was very methodical and took double time to make sure I was using the tool the right way. I did this all with the customer watching. We all know how nerve racking this can be. I did it with confidence and removed the windshield with ease. What a great experience. If you're looking for a wire system, this is it. I'm very happy with this investment and I'm confident that it will pay for itself quickly.
pa glass
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Wire removal - Glass Bot

Post by pa glass »

I too use the Bot. It certainly can work well but you will always hit snags with any wire system . I just had one where I just couldn't get past the plastic hanger clips on an outlander sport. The Squire wire would tension up and break down at the bot's spool. I had to just get up in there and cut it with a blade to finish. Urethane can be too wide in lower corners too. I just got a spool of their non metallic cutting wire. Have not tried it yet. I did try gorilla wirer which did seem to work well.

Bens I can't believe you tried it the first time with the customer watching! Friggin brave dude, good for you.