Pricing

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Gunner
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Pricing

Post by Gunner »

Hey everyone,
I've been working for a windshield repair company for appx. 14 mo.s in the Puget sound area of Wash., and have decided to start my own business, my question is about pricing a repair, I'm really good at repairing and will be getting what I consider to be great equip., what is a good pricing strategy, and does anyone have a good invoice form that I may plagiarize?

Thanks in advance for any tips and help,

Gunner
kmuise

Re: Pricing

Post by kmuise »

You need to get what your worth, do not low ball. You can go and check other WSR websites and see what the going rate is in your area and others. I know one of the big companies that I will not name gets $129 for two repairs on the same windshield which in my opinion is high, this is for a non-insured vehicle.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Every market is different ! I think it is each to their own what they are worth! I don't give a flip about what other people are doing ! I have a number and that is the bottom line! I want what it is worth but I WILL not leave money setting at the table!
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

You have been working at it for 14 months and dont know how much you have been charging? :oops:
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

Sorry you misunderstood GlassStarz, I've been working as an employee, they usually charge $35-$70. but still am unsure as to what they're princing rules are. You see if a customer comes up and requests a cash price i'm not allowed (as per company policy ) to give them a cash price, I'm only allowed to call the company and they inturn speak with the customer and give them a cash price. :?
Vikingfann

Post by Vikingfann »

Sounds like they vary the price depending on the value of the vehicle or windshield. I add $10 to my base price for motorhomes and large trucks because of climbing and/or increased windshield replacement cost.

Jere
Attack-A-Crack Windshield Repair
Lake Elsinore, SoCal
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

Each are of the country gets different pricing. places like Utah it seems like 15-25 bucks is the norm nyc and the big metro areas get a bunch more I guess the way to find out what your area charges is call the competition and pretend you need a repair ask what the price is for one chip the size of a dime. :D
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

Thanks to all,

Great advice !! :D
SuperGlassDC

Post by SuperGlassDC »

Do a google search for companies around you. Usually in reviews people will put how much they were charged