Fleet Accounts

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
bill lambeth

Re: Fleet Accounts

Post by bill lambeth »

I get spoiled doing cars all week and then on the weekend I have to pull those darn hoods. I really like going into the week UP because of the weather if you don't get to work for the up coming week.
jhickman1
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by jhickman1 »

I have used car lots and trucking companies. They both have their pros and cons but the biggest to me is with trucking companies, you have to climb up and down and up and down on the rig. It maks WSR actually feel like WORK lol
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

This is the Time of Year to call on the School Bus company. They do a bunch of repairs and upgrades during the off season. They are pretty cheap as some bus glass is as little as $40 so this time of year is when its time . All the Busses are together and you can do them assembly Line style. :P
masterchip

Post by masterchip »

I, too have various fleet accounts. City, County, State and one trucking business. All were good when first starting the accounts. But over time the work lessons as you take care of the fleets. Biggest problem is other repairmen coming in and offering a less price per windshield. I charge the most because my quality-of-work is better. I show that with a form I created that has a before and after picture of the damage. That way my work does not get mistaken for those who try to under cut me. This all takes time. In the long run your customers will appreciate your work ethics.
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

One day you give a discount to a company to get started, next day another guy just getting started gives a larger discount.
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

Another tip you might consider. If there is a really good account worth doing work for, on your second, third, forth, fifth time you call on them try taking in a box of donuts to the transportation supervisor as an example.. It's magic.
Also, sometimes you might face one, two, three, four or five "no"s. But sometimes the friendly fifth call might be a "yes" and develop into a great customer who will appreciate your persistance more than a lesser price.
Screenman once noted "Keep selling!"
screenman

Post by screenman »

The harder it is to get a big customer the harder it is for somebody to take them off of you, as long as you do the job correctly that is. The last bit extends to many things not just the high quality repairs you should strive to do on every job.
CHARM

Post by CHARM »

I'M new to WSR AND I WAS WONDERING WHAT IS STANDARD FOR FLEET PRICING?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

No standard price get what you can that will make the customer happy.
yopo84

Post by yopo84 »

How often do you guys service your fleets? I know it probably depends on the size and type of fleet but is there a general consensus on what's best?