Fleet Accounts

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
CoastalGR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Fleet Accounts

Post by CoastalGR »

I've seen a few people talking about fleet accounts as a great way to set up consistent work outside of the car wash / gas station set up.

For those of you with success in this area, I'm curious what type of fleet accounts have worked well for you, and what your pitch is when approaching them.

Thanks for any help!
TravLikesGuitar

Re: Fleet Accounts

Post by TravLikesGuitar »

This thread interests me greatly. I currently work for a hospital so I'm going to attempt to connect with whoever contracts out the repairs for their 30+ branded vehicles (who knows how many unbranded).
Is it appropriate to say "I will give you 12% off your current cost for the next 12 months if you contract with me" or something to that effect?
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

I would rather you say, I will give you better quality both in service and repair.

Remember, nobody ever regrets buying quality.
TravLikesGuitar

screenman wrote:I would rather you say, I will give you better quality both in service and repair.

Remember, nobody ever regrets buying quality.
Most of me agrees but part of me wants something measurable. I think that's the office brainwashing where everything is about "measurable goals".
screenman

Post by screenman »

The business man in me says dropping prices is a slippery slope to more work with less pay.
TravLikesGuitar

screenman wrote:The business man in me says dropping prices is a slippery slope to more work with less pay.
The office monkey in me needs to just be quiet. haha
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Listen to Sreen! He is telling you right! I have built my business around rental cars and that = lots of cars but low rate. Sell yourself and the quality !
CoastalGR

Post by CoastalGR »

Thanks for the responses!

So Bill has built his business around rental car fleets. Any other types of fleet accounts that are good targets? Dealerships, govt, .....?

I have to agree with Trav in the sense that anyone can walk in and SAY they will offer better service and quality, but I'd love to come in with a more compelling, or as Trav said, more quantifiable pitch/offer. Any other thoughts?

Again, thanks for the feedback.
ksanges3

Post by ksanges3 »

I agree with screen also. In order to get a great amount of cars and repairs basically handed to you, I feel you would have to give them a deal they would be comfortable with. That will help you get more fleet accounts and repairs as well.
-Kyle
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

CoastalGR wrote:Thanks for the responses!

So Bill has built his business around rental car fleets. Any other types of fleet accounts that are good targets? Dealerships, govt, .....?

I have to agree with Trav in the sense that anyone can walk in and SAY they will offer better service and quality, but I'd love to come in with a more compelling, or as Trav said, more quantifiable pitch/offer. Any other thoughts?

Again, thanks for the feedback.

I did all types of fleets but large trucking companies and government agencies were among my favorites. GSA, Forest Service, IRS, etc. City, County, State and Federal...there are an unbelievable number of government owned vehicles on the road these days. I liked trucking fleets because they put on so many miles they nearly always have work to do and often preferred to have them done after hours or on the weekends. Some guys don't like that but I always considered it a bonus to be able to make a few hundred $$ in an evening or on a weekend. Often I had keys to the lots so I could just do the work and drop off the invoices the next day.

Some also don't like to wait for their money but I don't really care if it takes 3 days or 3 weeks to get paid as long as I know for sure it is coming and I don't recall every being stiffed by a large trucking company or a government agency. Someone always comes along and offers your customers a better price but I maintained a lot of loyal fleets even though I was usually the highest price in town.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.