Angies list

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
bill lambeth

Angies list

Post by bill lambeth »

Anybody getting any work off of Angies list?
jhickman1
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Angies list

Post by jhickman1 »

Ive been on it for about a year and I've never gotten anything out of it.
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

Yes, one yesterday. Customer called me and and said she found me on the list. Possibly six or seven in year. Not many but better than insurance calls except for HSG, many I have turned town beaouse of driving distance. The lady yesterday may have seen the results of me paying $49.00 a monthe for six months to be more visable. Did not pay off. I tried to cancel after one month, thay said had to be minumin of six months or pay a fee before cancelling before six months. So I called in three months with the response if I go the six they would boost my listing more conspictuas (?) but Safetlight and several others are still listed befor me. Stay with the free, it is a good any paying money.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Free is good!

The calls from A/L subscribers have been picking up. They do make very good customers. So, A/L called with an offer for $50.00 a month to become a top premium subscriber when folks search auto repair, then going to windshield repair which puts me at the top the top of the list alternating weekly with our good friends at Safelite the only other premium listing.
Sounded good.
$50.00 I said no.
$40.00 come back a week later I said no (but still considering).
This morning's deal 20% discount making it $32.00 a month.
My way of thinking this gives me more exposure for less money to more potential customers right as they need our service than print or signs.
I will take a few more jobs away from S/L :lol:
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by candyman »

Seldom would someone wih WSR call A/L if they had insurance coverage. They would call their company or TPA # on the back of their insurance card. So my thinking is this. These would be cash customers without insurance. At a fee of $32 per month you would need at least six cash paying customers per month to pay for those referrals. Thats about 11%, if you charged $50 per repair. I dont pay above 10 % for referrals. At 11 % I would consider that. However They dont guarantee any customers , but you are locked in with the monthly fee. The more referrals you get above 6 would lower that % ratio. I had a company call me a few months ago to recruit me for their auto repair service. I would be required to pay $15 for each referral, wheather I got the job or not. If the customer needed a replacement I would still be charged $15. I also would be required to collect all fees and they would draft my account. Iam a repair only shop. Maybe Iam too skeptical when someone wants to do me a favor for a fee. Keep us posted on your quest with A / L.

First of all Candyman thank you for your service.
I'm sure many call insurance first. Maybe when they reach S/L and told they will have somone there next week they start looking elsewhere.
Many are searching on their smart phone while driving to work or home, (wish they didn't do that) or the search the internet for windshield repair in a specific location.
My site(s) come up generally come up first, second or third. An early question from callers is "Do you do insurance?, Do you call them?"
My post repair marketing question generally while money is coming out of their wallet or writing a check is
"May I ask how you found me and decided to call me rather than another compny? Did you use Google or Yahoo, do you remember how you worded your search?"
More and more often it has been Angie's List. Never a question of price. Even an ocassional extra trip charge where needed with no static. Not a lot but I think even one new customer a month that will develop into a repeat customer over the years is worth the investment.
One this morning was from a website community listing for local companies.
As mentioned befor the A/l calls have been a slam dunk deal as soon as they call.

Additional math. I charge $65.00 and 20.00 and 10.00. Two additional jobs a month at $16.50 for advertising leave me with a nice return on money. Plus another repeat customer 'cause I spread a lot of gravel along I-45. :twisted:

Also, a new customer called yesterday evening. During the repair it came out in discussion she is not a member of A/L but saw the logo on my website and she associated that with reliable companies.