LYNX SERVICES

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
the big welshman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

LYNX SERVICES

Post by the big welshman »

Hi there, I am just wondering if there is any Windshield Repair guys out there who are sighned up with Lynx , and DO NOT get any work from Lynx?
usmc68
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: LYNX SERVICES

Post by usmc68 »

I have had exactly one call since I signed up with ACT about 7-8 years ago, and they wanted me to go over 100 miles round trip on an after 5 PM appointment on a Friday!! Ever been around Atlanta on a Friday afternoon? I told her I'd go for $100 but not $50. She hung up on me!
I bill the insurance customers, give them 2 copies of the invoice, and tell them to fire their agent if they are not reimbursed- they have all been paid, even by State Farm!
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by candyman »

I signed up with LYNX, HSG & SGC about 4 years ago. I get several referals each month from LYNX & HSG: Safelite maybe 2-6 per year. Always in a remote area and too far for their techs to drive. I dont rely on insurance, They are the gravy for me.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Before all state went to SL I did 3 jobs a week and since Jan 1 2012 NONE . State Farm is lynx but they don't waive deductibles so that is not helpful ! I had always counted any money that I made off the network as bonus money and have never depended on it.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

I think most folks sign up with the services under the fantasy that they will start sending them work. As Tattoo used to say Welcome To Fantasy Island. The purpose for signing up should be so you can process your claims without your customer being told you are not a preffered vendor. If they send you a rare repair GREAT! But lets face it they own the big repair and replace company where do you think they are going to send the work :?
the big welshman

Hi there,Is there anybody out there who were repairing windshields for Amica/Gerber network and are not getting work with Amica/Lynx network????
the big welshman

Did you know that you can do a CUSTOMERISED BID with some Insurance companys that LYNX USE ???????????????????????????????????? :o :o :o :o :o :o
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

the big welshman wrote:Did you know that you can do a CUSTOMERISED BID with some Insurance companys that LYNX USE ???????????????????????????????????? :o :o :o :o :o :o

Lynx has offered customized bidding for quite some time now. The problem with that program is you can only offer a lower price than they offer, not a higher one. They just opened the door for price slashers that don't know how to promote their business any other way.