Adjusters?!

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
mousestomper
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Adjusters?!

Post by mousestomper »

Help! Starting at the beginning of this week we had 3 separate chip repairs to do for Farmers. When we called in to SGC at the end of the claim they say that an adjuster will be contracting the insured before we do the work! Three times we've arrived at the customer's home and three times we've lost business because of this. There was absolutely no problem until this week and all of the other companies approve the repairs right then and there. I've called farmers and have heard many different things. We've heard they are random reviews, that every non-affiliate shop now must go through this, and fraud. We would never repair a phantom chip and always have the customer call in. We are not getting any answers and do not know what we should do. We are afraid we will be losing business. Any help from you all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Vikingfann

Re: Adjusters?!

Post by Vikingfann »

I've had a similar problem with Farmers, Allstate, and Esurance - all administrated by Safelite. I arrive at the customers location, we phone in the claim only to be told the approval will be delayed 4-6 hours. Safelite says it's the insurances policy - insurance says it's safelite's policy. One customer admitted that the repair had already been completed when they called back to give the approval so the claim was denied. I bet Safelite repairs don't get a delayed approval.
Nomad
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Nomad »

Same thing here. Farmers, Allstate and State Farm too. I understand that there are hacks out there who defraud the insurers, but this not only makes it tough on us but the insureds also don't like it one bit. Got paid on one Allstate claim when the insured siced his agent onto them and told them he would cancel his policy if they didn't pay. The only way they will back down from this policy is when they start losing money because they are losing customers, I expect. I still don't know exactly how to respond to this or tell anyone else to.

A good point about is Safelite is getting the same treatment. If they are not then maybe some lawsuits would straighten them out. But with the expense I doubt that that will happen.

If you could get a lot of insured people together and go to the inspection site and overwhelm them??

Or don't do insurance at all and tell your customers why.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

I stay very busy without billing insurance companies and have done so for many years.
chipfixman

Post by chipfixman »

Can't we start a class action law suit against the way they conduct business? It sounds like they are creating a monopoly
Windshield911

Post by Windshield911 »

Hasn't Richard Campfield already filed a lawsuit?