Anyone familiar with data tranz

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
fixit
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Anyone familiar with data tranz

Post by fixit »

I talked with a lady at a place called data tranz the other day. she said they only charge 2.49 per claim an paid within 3 to 5 days.I've never done alot of insurance work but have always used ACT.Can anyone tell me about data tranz?Thanks in advance.
candyman

Re: Anyone familiar with data tranz

Post by candyman »

I use them for Lynx & SGC: They are great people. I've used them for the past 5 months. I fax thenm my data and they do the rest. Never had a problem.
candyman

Post by candyman »

One item of concern with your post. Its deposited when Lynx or SCG makes the deposit : 10-20 days.
fixit

Post by fixit »

hmmmm wonder why she told me 3 to 5 days? I talked to a girl named Lena I think.Anyway thanks alot screenman
fixit

Post by fixit »

oops I meant candyman sorry
candyman

Post by candyman »

Lena sounds correct; They process the paper work within 3 days to the TPA. Its taking about 10 work days for the money to be deposited in my account. LYNX is longer. They will also send you an email confirming the transmittal to the TPA.
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

fixit wrote:I talked with a lady at a place called data tranz the other day. she said they only charge 2.49 per claim an paid within 3 to 5 days.I've never done alot of insurance work but have always used ACT.Can anyone tell me about data tranz?Thanks in advance.
If it was truly 3 to 5 days @ 2.49, that sounds pretty good to me, but if it's actually the timeframe that candyman quoted, wouldn't it be just as easy to stick with ACT? Don't they offer the same service of paying you once they've been paid, for roughly the same cost that you were quoted?
fixit

Post by fixit »

No act charges more than 2.49 and I think about 9.95 plus 3.00 extra if u wanta get paid within 3 days.However u can call act hand the phone to the customer they will get all the information while you are repairing the chip.They will give u a ref.number but you dont have to fax them a invoice.I like act alot.These are the people I got my kit from 12 years ago but like everyone else I,m out to save a buck.
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

fixit wrote:No act charges more than 2.49 and I think about 9.95 plus 3.00 extra if u wanta get paid within 3 days.However u can call act hand the phone to the customer they will get all the information while you are repairing the chip.They will give u a ref.number but you dont have to fax them a invoice.I like act alot.These are the people I got my kit from 12 years ago but like everyone else I,m out to save a buck.
Sorry....fixit, I probably didn't phrase my previous comment correctly. I know ACT charges more than 2.49 for paying the claim within 3 days. What I meant to say was if candyman is correct about it taking 20 days (not 3) to get paid from data tranz @ 2.49, doesn't ACT offer something similar?
I too use ACT, and looked up their plans. They in fact do offer a plan @ 2.95. With this plan there is no Rapid Pay option and you will get paid once they do. Similar to what you'd get from data tranz for 2.45. Assuming that candyman is correct about the timeframe, and I have no reason to think he isn't, the plans are pretty much the same.

As for saving a buck, I completely understand. Here's a suggestion......instead of calling ACT to get a ref number, you call the insurance co yourself, and they'll provide you with the same number. Of course you'll then need to either fax, email or do an online invoice with ACT. The difference is you pay 5.95 for this service instead of the price you referenced. Making a call myself is well worth saving $4 per claim for me.
You may already be aware of this, but if not, maybe it helps you save a few bucks if you're not wanting to wait the 20 days or so!

DavidB
fixit

Post by fixit »

Thanks alot I'll check into that.I dont normally do alot of insurance work but am trying to find a location to set up at and hopefully will be doing more.I've worked only car dealers for 12 years and I'm hoping to stop running as much.