How much should I pay for a location?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: How much should I pay for a location?

Post by t4k »

fixit wrote:I have a friend that owns the land at a four way stop in front of a walmart super center. He told me I could sit there for nothing but I would have to get a permit from the town hall.When I went to get the permit I was told I couldn't get one.GO FIGURE.Is there any way around this? HELP HELP HELP. Thanks for any possible solution.
A lot of towns or cities have that law, I know mine does. My city doesn't allow any type of roadside setups.
safescreen
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by safescreen »

Hey Screen man, thanks for the welcome,

I have to say this forum seems a lot friendlier than the Tagg one.

Yeah I am with retail concessions and access point. Although I have not been hitting the 5-6 a day like I would want as well. Im changing around sites in the worthing area of sussex at the moment. Have a lot of competition to the west of me by the way of Screen Care uk. Their main are is Portsmouth but border my reigon. DO you operate on car parks as well?

At some of the prices I have seen quoted for malls in america it is very tempting to go over and try it out. Would be nice seeing how it worked across the pond. Or maybe its just pipe dreams after watching the superbowl last night.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I do not do the car parks, never have apart from about 6 or 7 times when helping new guys set up. I can see you have competition in your area, I supply a good few of them. Still it is is a very nice busy area so plenty to go around.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I am suprised you did not find the TAGG forum friendly, they are a great bunch and many have taken the time and spent their hard earned coming up to me for advanced training. I would say many of them are amongst the best fitters the UK has.
safescreen

Post by safescreen »

No doubt some are very skilled. But main posters seemed highly and over critical of things for no reason. That's my experience anyway. Yes there is a bit of competition about but as you said there is plenty to go around.
screenman

Post by screenman »

The high posters are trying hard to change things, for the better, trying to stop the grip AG have on the insurers and of course the likes of SICP and the other networks. I know they can sound a grumpy bunch at times but believe me the work and effort some of them put in for others benefits without sounding off about it is incredible.

As a trade we have been inundated with poorly skilled techs, both in repair and replacement, this has devalued our trade to a sad point. I am sure this is worldwide but in the UK which is my market I see skills that are so low as the beggar belief. The standards of training by very poor trainers, the quality of assessment which again is very low only works to keep our trade down. Tagg is trying to break those standards and increase them, unfortunately many people accept them and think that is the way.
safescreen

Post by safescreen »

Totally agree with their work, maybe they just come across wrong. From reading some of this forum the states seems to have similar problem. I gather Safelite and autoglass are one and the same?
t4k

Post by t4k »

safescreen wrote:
I have to say this forum seems a lot friendlier than the Tagg one.
We are a sweet lot, aren't we? :D
screenman

Post by screenman »

You gather correct, only we are some years in front of what is happening over in the USA. Where they can stop things happening we never had the groups or strength of numbers to do so, our trading standards is a very weak joke, our insurers had the wool pulled over their eye's by the likes of AG, AW and others none of whom can still do a quality repair, none of whom know to or even carry a dry out system or UV protection. Yet they continue to sell so called repairs.
chipfixman

Post by chipfixman »

What is the TAGG forum? I did a search and couldn't find anything