What is best business plan for starting out?

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
tmacjohnny

What is best business plan for starting out?

Post by tmacjohnny »

Hi I'm planning on starting my own windshield repair company but I don’t know where to start or how to protect my personal assets… which of these business plans are good for hiring independent contractors and protecting my personal assets?

Sole Proprietorship
Partnership
Corporation
or an LLC (Limited Liability Company)

Also how would I go about getting signup and approved for each network?.... Any other information is greatly appreciated thanks
C.Ryan
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: What is best business plan for starting out?

Post by C.Ryan »

Use the LLC setup.
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

#1 for me was to see if a website would be beneficial. Two jobs close to home a few hours after publishing. Not the norm but most new customers which don't come from referals or vehicle signage are from my two sites.
Go to a company like lunarpages/quicksite.com or freewebs.com do your own input on one of their templants and platforms. Pretty easy to do and it pays.
jhickman1

Post by jhickman1 »

Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair wrote:#1 for me was to see if a website would be beneficial. Two jobs close to home a few hours after publishing. Not the norm but most new customers which don't come from referals or vehicle signage are from my two sites.
Go to a company like lunarpages/quicksite.com or freewebs.com do your own input on one of their templants and platforms. Pretty easy to do and it pays.
I set up my own site about a month ago and havent had one serious hit from it yet. I feel like my site is professional looking but I dont think its easily discovered in a search. I cant figure out how to bump it up on the search engines without paying a buncha money to a third party.
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC

Do a free Yahoo local business listings, pay a small fee to Google for map location. try to get your site on as many free searches as you can find; merchant circle, brown book ec. Get others to put a link to you on their web site. I wouldn't pay anything to people chargeing to get you being on googles frount page. The more places google sees you on the web has an effect. You have good revelant information they look for also. Repeat your company name as many places as possible in your description, services, areas covered.
This is about all I know, but try just for the heck of it do a google or yahoo search "windshield rock repair Tomball TX" and see what happens.
I have no way of knowing how it works but I get calls from all around the country (???????????????????????)

I jiust noticed one thing that will help.
Make your phone number as large as you can make it first thing right above yor description. also personally I would remove the appointment box. get your phone number wher it stands out!
jhickman1

Post by jhickman1 »

Thanks, I'll look into that. I was gona call you this evening. Ive had somethin goin on the past few evenings since you emailed.
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
jimmymaguire

Post by jimmymaguire »

A Phone number that stands out always helps. The person who attends the calls needs to have complete information about your business and should be able to handle all kinds of queries. You can do email marketing and also update social media sites with all the happenings in your business. Budget advertising can be done initially to save on to as much cost as possible. You can slowly and steadily promote your business on a larger scale.
chip-away

Post by chip-away »

I just had my web site completed and have been on the net putting it on every free site available. Thanks for all the great info on this matter, it really helps. Let me know if the site is good, okay or needs something added to it. {URL Removed}
Last edited by Brent Deines on April 28th, 2012, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL Removed