Print Advertising question

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
DryStar
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Print Advertising question

Post by DryStar »

Cryatal_Image wrote:I have a few marketing ideas i would share. Something i used to do was sell ads on restraunt table placemats. I would sell ads for up to $250 each. BUT since you have a businesses to advertise, you wouldnt need to make any money on it and only sell the ads at cost which be around $35-50 or so per businesses. Before i knew much about anything and was only an idea, i walked into a local pizza hut and talked to the manager about it. Told me she would contact her district manager so i walked out and and almost left. Went back in for some reason and the manager had told me she just got off the phone with the district manager and gave me approva . I myself phoned the district manager and she was part of 5 more pizza hut chains. I got them all and was quite overwhelmed. That is a DAMN HARD trying to make a living that way. Seems today, everyone knows the PRICE of everything and the VALUE of nothing! To many expect instant results from all adverts they try and advertising just dont work like that.

Kinda like KLEENEX right? "HONEY CAN YOU PICK UP SOME KLEENEX at wally world tomarrow. Nobody ever says, we ned some puffs..lol. Its branding.

In this trade kinda like novus. I never called them, never seen their ads anywhere other than them lil trucks runniing all over the place. When i thought of anything to do with glass, that was the first name that came to mind!

People dont pay attention to adverts and marketing as they are far to busy, however, kind of hard not to notice a few ads that are "COUPONS" sitting right smack on the table in front of them waiting for their food. Some coupons work and others dont, just depends on the business. For example, i had an ad in 1 of the placemats from a nail salon. All the ladies went crazy over this... Women and their nails..sighs :roll: I checked with my client who bought the ad 1 week later and that ad paid for itself in only a few days with running some special on nails/waxing/hair, bla bla.

You can do paper placemats say, 5000 of them which can last 3 months or so. Much cheaper to lamainate them however, using laminated mats, cusomters cannot tear any coupons off. (food for thought)... :D

Businesses cards - Alot of money and space wasted as nobody seems to use the back of the card. Lets say you do a HLR, on the back you can give a coupon "GOOD FOR (1) FREE Rock Chip Repair. Or reverse it by offering a 20 or 30% off a headlight restoration. Hand them out like candy where ever ya go. Your First Impression is YOUR BIZ CARD. Heck, you could even have the pres., vice pres. and all those white house nuts phone number on the back. They are sure to keep the cards around to show their friends of "HEY, THIS IS NEAT" to show their friends.
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

Your over thinking this business...just slow down and collect yourself.
Cryatal_Image

Post by Cryatal_Image »

DryStar wrote:Your over thinking this business...just slow down and collect yourself.
Just thought i would share the idea drystar. Figured it could be a valuable option for some.
glassdoctor

Post by glassdoctor »

I like the concept of branding, but for the general public in your area to come to think XXXXXX when they get a chip in their w/s would require a huge amount of advertising... far too much $ for a w/s repair guy. But it's a good idea to be thinking that way. Lettering on a vehicle can at least create a good image for those who do tend to cross paths with you. I definitely take notice of certain other business vehicles.... lawn care, plumbers, etc.... and even a w/s repair guy or two. Which reminds me: signage on your vehicle can make a good impression, or a very bad one. If you roll in a rust bucket or want to do homemade lettering.... hmmmm, might want to think twice. :lol:
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

So you spend money on printed stuff, what ever, most of it over priced, thrown away and forgotten.
Unless someone actuallly needs service right then they hardly ever remember what they saw on a table top or road sign last week.
If on the other hand a rock hits their windshield when driving to or from work the tendency now is to do a search on their smart phones for someone to fix it asap.
If they do remember your advertising but they are travelling what good does the hanger, sticker, key chain. cheap pen do?
LoraineC

Post by LoraineC »

What type of market usually become your customers? I think you will have to first know what print media that market consumes. Otherwise, we could be hitting the wrong target.
ministry4u

Post by ministry4u »

There is certainly a lot of mind opening conversation on here and things to think about before deciding to go a certain direction. One piece of advice I have it to check with VistaPrint after you decide the direction you are going to go. There are the cheapest I've been able to find. In addition, they are always running some kind of groupon somewher in the country. I always search about every city listing I can to find the groupon before purchasing from them. The deals I get through groupon are $17 for $70 worth of stuff and once I got a $20 for $80. You need to use the entire groupon when you purchase your stuff at vistaprint though. Some times I will have $10 or more left over that has to be used and so I add some pens or other marketing stuff to just give away.
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

Not necessarly good for new business but at Office Depot I bought a package of 1/2"x1-1/2" transparent lables to put next to the oil change reminders on customers w/s. Total cost $12.57.
the big welshman

Post by the big welshman »

Print Advertising is a waste of money , You will get more advertising HITS from a advert on your vehicle MAKE the advert on your vehicle short and sweet :roll: :roll: :roll:
mrchips1952

Post by mrchips1952 »

I pass out 800 to 1000 business cards every six months. To personal contacts, auto repair shop operators and fleet operators. I also leave cards with the weight scale operators and Dept of Transport Inspectors, as they come in contact with drivers needing w/s repair and headlight repair on a daily basis. Every neighborhood service station seems to have a bulletin board, and I try to leave a couple of cards on each one.
The most effective advertising does not have to cost money. I get many calls from a free ad on my local Kijiji under automotive repair services. A couple of mentions on Yelp gives your clients the ability to tell others how they enjoyed your personal services and tell others how accommodating you were. From these two sources and referrals from happy customers, come most of my calls.
Let us improve your driving outlook!
mrchips1952