Air in Bullseye?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
kennycrane
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Air in Bullseye?

Post by kennycrane »

Hey guys, 2 days in a row I have had trouble getting the air out of a Bullseye. Yesterday I had one about the size of a quarter, had been there 6 months I ran thru the cycle pressure vaccumn several times as long as I had pressure on it it looked good. But when I would pull a vacumn I could see the air pockets still there. I finally cured it and sure enough you could see the little air pockets still there. Today the same thing on a new break that happened last nite it was about the size of a dime. After cycling thru several times again only when I had pressure on it did it look good I finally cured it and sure enough a few little pockets of air remained. What am I doing wrong?
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Air in Bullseye?

Post by Brent Deines »

What system are you using? If Delta Kits I will chime in with a couple of ideas, or better yet just give me a call. If another system I will allow others who may know more about that system to give you advice.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
kennycrane
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by kennycrane »

I'm using Delta kits.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

OK, a few more questions then. Which resin are you using? Are you using a plastic squeeze bottle or glass bottle with dropper? How many drops of resin are you using? Do you count the drops? Did you use a new injector seal? Which end of the seal did you put in the injector? Did the seal leak?

If you answer these I may be able to identify one or more problems, but the next series of questions I would like to ask are better asked over the telephone, only because the first one will be to describe the entire process start to finish.

I've been trouble shooting repairs for a very long time and find there is great value in allowing the technician to explain the repair process rather than asking questions. More often than not we can identify one or more procedures that a technician could do differently to significantly improve the outcome of his repairs, but it's always easier when we have a verbal dialogue.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Sometimes with bullseyes you have to keep the injector on longer than what it looks like is needed. Personaly I like to pressure cure but thats not recomended by Delta with thier equipment. Also I have found with a big one I dont finish with a vac cycle
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

kennycrane is using Delta Kits.
But many others, who are using systems like GW or GM, could (should) go for a second or even third vacuum cycle.
There is no need for any air-bubbles left in your work. It weakens your work and it doesn't look good either.
I cannot help guys who are using DK, my experience is not good enough with their injectors.
Remember to give DK a call, when in doubt or trouble, they will be helping you in a most professional manner.
t4k

Post by t4k »

I have found with Delta kits you need to continue the cycles until all the air has been removed. Two to three cycles sometimes is not enough.
pickmaster60

Post by pickmaster60 »

I have had issues similar to what you are talking about. My problem was that I was not applying my pit resin and curing tab properly. After watching the youtube video about my problem went away.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

GlassStarz wrote:Sometimes with bullseyes you have to keep the injector on longer than what it looks like is needed. Personaly I like to pressure cure but thats not recomended by Delta with thier equipment. Also I have found with a big one I dont finish with a vac cycle
You never finish in the vacuum cycle when using a Delta Kits system.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

According to my Delta instruction manual (and the videos I beleive) it implies that you finish in the vacuum cycle. Could you please further explain?

Since I am unable to attend a Delta class due to the travel costs ( I'm from Texas and I dont fly), I rely on the instruction manual. So if there is misinformation within the manual could you please explain further.

Thanks