Marketing service for google.

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Marketing service for google.

Post by candyman »

I was contacted by a salesman reference listing my glass repair on google. They want $99 upfront and 59.99 per month. For this amount, he said my service would be listed anytime someone searches for glass repair within my city. He also stated several others that have taken advantage of his service in my area would also be listed. Iam one of two that actually repairs w/s in my city and the only mobile. Two other w/s shops replace only. I dont think I need this service. All of the shops have informed me, that only a few chip repairs have been performed or refered to someone else during the past few years. They loose business to the bigger cities that have mobile service, and replacement is cheaper, than their cost for the windshield glass. If I lived in a large city maybe it would be beneficial. Has anyone else used this service or have feed back positive or negative.
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Marketing service for google.

Post by Frank EU »

This is daylight robbery mate. Services like this are being offered everyday, especially when you're having your own website(s). I wouldn't do it if I were you. If you really want to optimize the visibility of your domain(s), in the search engines like Yahoo and Google, you can do this yourself, it is pretty easy to do. To be paying $99 as a set up fee, and $59,99 per month is crazy, if you do this yourself it is probably going to cost you no more than $100. Contact me for more info if you like, use the PM or e-mail function as available here on the board.
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Marketing service for google.

Post by candyman »

Thanks for the information: I read an article somewhere on this site in the past few weeks but I cant find it now reference to something along the same information. I will print this and contact you when Iam ready to go that route. I am still learning on the w/s repair. I've got the stratch removal down and headlight restoration. I just need more practice on W/S. I got a torch, and a few tools to make chips & stars in old w/s last week. I do real good on some breaks, while others I feel, could be better. I dont know if Iam getting all the air out or not enough resin into the chip fingers (star). I was told not to drill unless absolute necessary. Some of the chips were more than a year old and out in the environment. That could be a big part of my problem. I do have a smooth surface when completed on most of them. Thanks again for your insight.