big trucks

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

trade shows

Post by Anonymous »

dose anyone out there do 18 wheel trucks.If so do you do it alot of them?How much to charge them?
Anonymous

big trucks

Post by Anonymous »

We do quite a few big rigs. (fleet accounts) We just charge our regular rate. I've thought about talking with a big truck stop and offering the service to truckers. They definately will do it because if a chip turns into a large crack in the middle of nowhere the weigh stations won't pass them through. (so i've heard) It's probably a pain in the but to get a windshield replaced in the middle of no where.

It would be a good idea to get set up with the trucker payment system. I don't recall the name of it though.

In this business you have to carve a niche for yourself ie: truckers, heavy equipment etc.

I've heard of a guy who does nothing but RV window repairs at big rv gatherings and makes a tremendous amount of money. So I've been told.
Anonymous

big trucks

Post by Anonymous »

thanks for the reply.Right now I just do car lots.I have talk to a few trucks co. but no luck.But I know where a truck stop is so I might have to try there. Do you carry a big ladder? do you do the tent thing? I think I going to try it this weekend. I hope its right that you can make a lot money that way,because I am the only doing wsr in that town.
Anonymous

Re: big trucks

Post by Anonymous »

i have 3 accounts with large trucks, but they are slow now after i got all repairs up to date.
Anonymous

Re: big trucks

Post by Anonymous »

At the present time we do not have any trucking company accounts but are working on acquiring some. We do have a few RV accounts and they supply us with quite a few jobs but it varies. We also service school district accounts bus fleets and they like to do all there repairs once a year prior to state vehicle inspection. I am trying to change their mindset on this and show them how it could save them more money overall. School is letting out this month so I hope to have quite a few repairs from these accounts. Typically these types of vehicles have a vertical or near vertical windshield installations and the repair procedure used for vertical repairs is usually the same on these types of vehicles. Of course that will vary based on tooling used. If it is a fleet account we charge our fleet rate of $50.00. If it is a private account we charge our standard $65.00. If billing through insurance we charge differently depending on the damage.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]