Post office accounts?

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: Kit options

Post by Anonymous »

This coming monday,I am scheduled to discuss a contract to do wsr for the postal service in this area.Does anyone here have any postal service accounts?I have'nt had any fleet accounts in a few years now other than a couple of car lots that I've had since I began in '91.These guys have never tried to negotiate my pricing down and have not let anyone else come in and undercut me.I like to think it's because they're happy with my work.On the other hand, most of the car lots around here are only concerned with the lowest price, therefore I don't even bother with most of them.My question is, what kind of discounted price structure do you guys offer on fleet accounts that keep you busy?I understand that within the area I'll be taking care of for the postal service, there are around 150 trucks & vans.
I have a somewhat strong association with the decision maker in this case so I believe once I get in the door,there won't be any "Price wars" to keep the work as long as the work is up to par, and I don't expect that to be an issue.
Greg--
Anonymous

Post office accounts?

Post by Anonymous »

Greg,

I don't have any gov't accounts yet. This is because what have been able to find out for myself so far and this may not hold true in all fed gov't work, is that most work gets bid on and in order to do this you will usually need to submit a professional proposal. This is where I am at. Creating this proposal in between everything else so I can try to get awarded gov't contracts. Since you have a close affiliation with the decision maker this might be all you need. Sometimes its not what you know, but who you know. This sounds like a great opportunity. Good luck to you.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]