WSR in Wyoming

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: While ...

Post by Anonymous »

Looking to hear from other WSR people in Wyoming... When it comes to Rock Chips, Wyoming truly is "Like No Place On Earth".

There appear to be a few people here in Jackson Hole that advertise chip fixes, but only in the yellowpages... No radio, newspaper or TV ads that I have found... And it also appears that all do replacements as well. Most of them are actually out of town and drive in as needed. I have seen some sub-par repairs as well from a few of these guys. Thinkin there is a HUGE market here for this service as about 98% of the vehicles on the road have unfixed chips or (worse) VERY LONG cracks.

Would like to find out what the going rates for repairs run in this general area, tourist town and all. Also, I have read extensively, every post on this board... Found a lot of info that will greatly help me in my new WSR endeavor.

But a few questions:

How does one get an EIN#? Is that a business license number? Also, I know bfenne has the "Awesome" letter that always gets him paid by the Ins. companies, but (sigh) he does not want to share it. Does anyone else have a letter that matches wits with this elusive letter? Or, bfenne, would you be willing to share it if you took out the proprietary components that you have mentioned? And, I have not been able to determine, does your letter get you prompt and complete payment from State Farm and Allstate?

Planning on ordering my Delta Kit tomorrow... (Hint, Hint, to the DK Guys... As any substantial discounts would be greatly appreciated)

Regards to all,

Erik Drake
(Not quite sure what my company will be called yet)

WSR in Wyoming

Post by Guest »

Welcome to the forums ErikDrake!

I believe an EIN # (as long as you are a sole proprietor), is simply your Social Security Number. Could be wrong on that, but check out this page for more information about Wyoming rules.

Jeff Higgins
Delta Kits, Inc.
[email]"jhiggins@deltakits.com"[/email]
www.deltakits.com
Anonymous

Re: WSR in Wyoming

Post by Anonymous »

Actually, an EIN is a Federal Employer Identification Number. Generally speaking, Sole Proprietorships typically use their Social Security Number. If, however you incorporate, have employees, are a partnership and quite a few more situations, you obtain an EIN by completing and submitting IRS Form SS-4.

Actually, if you go to http://www.irs.gov and search under forms for SS-4, you'll find a .pdf version of the form that has an entire page titled "Do I Need an EIN"
Anonymous

EIN

Post by Anonymous »

DaveC: thank you, I will have a look at that..

Jeff: Thank you for the link to the Wyo info, however, I have had the hardest time figuring out what they want... (Try reading the Wyoming Statutes sometime, LOL)... I am getting the feeling that I may need to charge sales tax (Still not sure tho), but I live in one county and will be working primarily in another (Different Tax rates).. trying to figure out what I need to do to make sure I dont have the Tax Man knocking on my door.

Jeff, would I contact you about purchasing my kit? or is there someone else that I need to speak with?

Thanks Again,

Erik
Anonymous

Re: EIN

Post by Anonymous »

ErikDrake,

Not sure on Wyoming requirements but in the state of Pennsylvania if you operate as a sole proprietor it is your option to use your SS# or apply for an EIN#. If you apply for an EIN# you will be one step ahead even if you don't have employees at the present time. You might in the future.

Contact the Wyoming Dept. of Treasury they will be able to instruct you on your options and what is taxable in your state. Hope this helps.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ErikDrake,

Forgive me for not reading your initial post in its entirety. My awesome letter as you put it is confidential and you are correct, I have always been paid when direct billing insurance companies and on the few occasions that it has been forwarded to the providers network I also have been paid in full. Yes, there are times some effort is required on my part such as a follow up call or letter but I consider this business as usual. If you want this business handed to you on a silver platter you are in the wrong business. Doing the actual repairs is the easy part, selling yourself and running your business is the hard part. I am sorry if you feel I should make this elusive letter public domain but I will not.

Theres an old saying...You can take a horse to water but you can't make him drink. With that in mind, look through the archives as I have already done what you are looking for. All major parts of the letter are laid out. You will have to come up with the correct wordage though.

As I am sure you have seen by my many posts I am always willing to help anyone, even the ones who don't appreciate it. But I will not do so at the risk of jeopardizing my business and this letter is one such example. I hope you can appreciate my position.

Pay it foward,

Brian

Post by Guest »

ErikDrake,

I'm afraid I won't be of much help with sales tax. We are in Oregon, and don't have sales tax, so I don't have much experience with it. I think bfenne's advice about checking with your Treasury Department sounds good, because you certainly don't want to do things incorrectly.

As far as buying a kit, you can certainly ask for me, but anyone here should be able to help!

Jeff Higgins
Delta Kits, Inc.
[email]"jhiggins@deltakits.com"[/email]
www.deltakits.com
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

bfenne: Please do not take offense to my comments regarding your letter... I do (Completely) understand your position... And I do see and acknowledge that you are a tremendous help to those new to and historically in the WSR business... I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say Thank You!!!! I just like to have all my ducks in a row when I dive into something. I come from a different background altogether... Never had any sort of dealings with any insurance company (unless you consider my frustration and other negative opinions of them through trying to find the best and most cost effective coverage for my own vehicles). I, like most others on this board want to direct bill, as I seem to have a similar opinion of the networks (as Ins. Co's.). I am up to a good challenge, as long as it is not at the expense of my family's well being. I did find your bulleted points for the content of the letter and will do my best to make sure I cover all my bases. I will say, however, it is a bit scary to think that an improperly worded letter could mean the difference between getting paid or not. I may be jumping a bit to conclusions, and it may not be that bad at all... But then again, I do not trust Insurance Companies as they are in business to take peoples money and NOT give any back...

Jeff: Thank you again... I will be in touch with you guys sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Regards,

Erik
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ErikDrake,

As I have extended in the past, I would like to extend again. If you want give me a call at 610.657.9924 and we can talk. It is easier to communicate that way. Please note I am Eastern Time. I have learned a great deal from the people who have called so far and I hope they have also learned from my experiences. It is my belief that learning is a never ending process.

PS: I have thick skin and I am not offended in the least. I just must be firm on this subject.

Pay it foward,

Brian

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Erik, I would be happy to come to wyoming and help you get started if you are interested. after all i am your neighbor in montana. just email me and let me know and we can set things up

mark higgins
wizard glass repair, Inc
Roundup, Mt
406-323-1089