Gloves, Derma Shield or nothing?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.

Do you use Nitrile Gloves, Derma Shield, or nothing at all?

Poll ended at August 13th, 2015, 3:09 pm

Nitrile Gloves
56%
Derma Shield
28%
Another glove type
No votes
Another barrier cream
No votes
Nothing at all
17%

Total votes: 18

bill lambeth

Re: Gloves, Derma Shield or nothing?

Post by bill lambeth »

I have been using DS for about 4 weeks ! No complaints here . I put it on about 3 times a day. Sweaty gloves are not fun!!! I use gloves to clean my tools at the end of the day!
benswindshieldrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

On replacements I use gloves from start to finish. I replace them about 3X throughout the process depending on how many get ripped. It's a pain in the butt due to sweat but it makes for clean work. Clean on me and on the customers car. As for repair, I never wear gloves or DS or anything, it never touches my hands...
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

I'm with you Ben. Nothing worse than getting Urethane all over a customers car or all over myself. We did a test last week to see if Derma Shield would keep Urethane from sticking to the hands. While it did make it easier to remove it was still difficult. I would still recommend gloves for installations but personally would still use Derma Shield under the gloves in case of a tear.

For those of you who have not worked with the Urethanes used for auto glass installation, it is quite possibly one of the most difficult substances to get off or your skin, or anything else for that matter.

After viewing the results of this survey we are looking into carrying Nitrile gloves again and have been doing some product comparisons. While a little more expensive we have decided to go with a stronger glove this time around. Tearing a glove sucks, whether repairing or replacing glass and in the long run stronger gloves are more cost effective.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
old school
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by old school »

I wear nothing and had minor problems in the past. Delta resins don't seem to cause any issues. Thinking about trying DS, when we get busy.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

I was using Magna Bond when my skin tolerance broke down . You just never know when it can happen .It can hit you all at one time . Trust me after going through I would rather be safe than sorry. I know that some of you say you never get resin on your hands but you do and just don't realize it.