Intro/Thoughts?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RHughes89
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Intro/Thoughts?

Post by RHughes89 »

Sounds like thing are going well - Congrats
WHo/How do you approach deciding where to locate your tents?
Texasguy

Post by Texasguy »

Dude !!!! Starting out last year with almost nothing , to 8 tents coming in with 8 employees!!!!!??? Wtf !? That's unreal and awesome man ! I'd love to talk with you more and pick your brain a little before I get started next week . I'd love to know how you plan on marketing at your locations and if your doing HLR, and much more . Love to to see some pics once you get some locations set up . Keep us posted Express !

Thanks
Texasguy
ExpressWR

Post by ExpressWR »

RHughes89 wrote:Sounds like thing are going well - Congrats
WHo/How do you approach deciding where to locate your tents?
Getting locations sucks, approach big companies and ask if they own the land that their store is on. If they do, that's awesome. Just sell yourself to the owner and offer them enough money! Most of the time though they're leasing the land through a property management company. This just adds another layer of resistance. Now you need to sell yourself to the owner of the business just to get the property management companies information. Then you have to sell yourself once more to the company and explain why you should be allowed to set up on their location. Not an easy task.

I'm from a small town and I plan to have one of my locations set up there, this is so much easier than the city. Everyone owns the land they work on, plus they're not huge chain companies. I can offer them a fraction of the price as I would in the city and they'll gladly accept it, no questions asked to give up two of their parking spots.
Texasguy wrote:Dude !!!! Starting out last year with almost nothing , to 8 tents coming in with 8 employees!!!!!??? Wtf !? That's unreal and awesome man ! I'd love to talk with you more and pick your brain a little before I get started next week . I'd love to know how you plan on marketing at your locations and if your doing HLR, and much more . Love to to see some pics once you get some locations set up . Keep us posted Express !

Thanks
Texasguy
Thanks! I replied to your message, text/call whenever
Texasguy

Post by Texasguy »

I'm about to be in full-on ,secure a location mode . I really hope it doesn't take me months and months to find and secure a good location :-/ I live in a huge city of atleast 1million people , lot of space , but like you said , I'm betting most places are being leased by other property management companies :-/ . I'm sure finding and securing locations is going to be the hardest part of this biz . But that's why we will make the big bucks right !? Ha .

Texasguy
RHughes89

Post by RHughes89 »

I have my first live customer lined up Saturday and will look to check out a possible tent site while in that town. Next week will start my sales calls and investigate getting signed up on the glass networks (TPA's).

Thanks for the feedback on the tent site hurdles that will help I'm sure.